Table of Contents
Usually, important updates are must be installed. Most of them are installed automatically as Windows 10 predefined license agreement. But few of them are need to be installed manually just like Regular Patch Tuesday. This update is launched every second Tuesday of the month. Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4556826 [Version 1909, 1903] of May 2020 is also an edition of patch Tuesday.
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
You have the option either you can install it using the Windows Update app. Or, users can download and install Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4556826 through the MSU update file. These are “.MSU” files run by the Windows Update Standalone Installer.
Although these updates are not mandatory. If you are facing issues in Windows than there is no need of waiting for a mandatory update. Download and install the regular patch manually as soon as it is available. Don’t know how to install Windows patch update manually? We will guide you in this tutorial.
How to download, install KB4556826 Windows 10 Cumulative Update:
Today we are going to guide you on how to download and install KB4556826 Windows 10 Cumulative Update [Version 1909, 1903] – May 2020.
Install Through Windows Update option:
Follow the sequence mentioned below. it will take you in the Windows 10 optional update option.
- Windows Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update. Click on the Check for updates button located In the right-hand pane.
When Windows 10 will complete the search, it will show you the update with install and time option if available. Under the updates section, you will also see an Optional Update option. 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4556826) will be available. Click on the update and install it on the computer.
Install Through standalone Installers:
You can also download and install KB4556826 Windows 10 Cumulative Update through Windows Standalone. Once file downloaded. you can install it on a computer without any Internet connection.
- 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4556826)
- 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x86-based Systems (KB4556826)
This link will take you to the list of Windows all patches history. You can download and install any of the patches you want from the list.
That’s all! if you want to uninstall any of the patches, you can do it from the Windows recent update option. For any question use the comment box below. Our staff members will reply to you quickly after concluding the solutions.
Improvements and fixes
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from installing if they are published using a Group Policy Object.
Updates the 2020 start date for daylight saving time (DST) in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Core Networking, Internet Information Services, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.