Table of Contents
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file-sharing protocol. The media content is distributed with torrent files, which contain the metadata for the downloadable files. The advantage of torrent files is that they enable faster downloads from multiple seeds.
To open torrented files, you’ll need BitTorrent software, like uTorrent. uTorrent is a P2P file-sharing utility/tool with which you can download the content of the torrent which includes metadata.
Once you’ve downloaded a torrent, you can open its files, mostly these files are ZIP archive.
If you don’t already have a torrent file, you can download them from websites such as Pirate Bay. However, Pirate Bay has been blocked by various countries, such as the U.K. and the USA.
Torrent file-sharing is legal, countries are still blocking torrent sites to clamp down on the distribution of copyrighted content that can arise from some of them.
You might need to install VPN software to get torrents from Pirate Bay and similar websites.
How To Open Torrent Files On Windows 10
- First, Download uTorrent on your PC.
- Next, open the setup wizard for uTorrent to install the software.
.Download the torrent content
- Open the folder that includes your torrent file.
- Double-click the torrent file to open it with uTorrent.
- The uTorrent window will pop open as shown below.
- Make sure you’ve selected all the file checkboxes within the Torrent Contents box.
- Click the OK button to download the torrent.
- Wait for the torrent to fully download.
Opening the ZIP archive
- Press the Windows key + E hotkey to open File Explorer.
- Open the folder where you have downloaded the torrent file.
- Torrent contents often get saved within ZIP archives. To extract the ZIP for a torrent, right-click it and select Extract all.
- Click Browse to choose a folder path to extract the torrent’s ZIP. Press the Select Folder button.
- Click the Extract button.
- Once the process is completed.
- Open the extracted folder, which includes the torrent content.
Torrent content usually are music or video files, but can also be software.
Hope so this guide was helpful, We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us.
Regards: Team Windows Boy