Table of Contents
A keyboard is an important peripheral device that connected to our PC. It’s not compulsory to run a computer, but without it, you may feel like there’s something missing. So when this device starts to respond laggy, users get very frustrated and start to look for a troubleshooting tip.
If you are a user who having trouble with his computer’s keyboard, I’m here to help you. I’ll provide several fixes about a situation that’s when Keyboard keeps typing by itself. You are only required to perform the simple solutions, I’ve drafted in my guide.
What to do if the keyboard keeps typing by itself?
Update Windows 10
- Press the Windows + I button.
- Click on Update & Security
- Hit the Check for update button.
- Let your OS download the update file.
- When it is downloaded, allow your OS to install it.
- Thereafter, click on Install now
- Save & close all your tabs, before allowing your computer to restart.
Use Keyboard Troubleshooter
- Launch Windows 10 Settings from the Start menu.
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-side menu.
- Click on Additional troubleshooter link.
- Inside Find and fix problems, select keyboard
- Click on Run the troubleshooter
Reinstall Keyboard Drivers
- Press Windows + S button.
- Open Device Manager using the search bar.
- Locate & expand keyboards.
- Right-click on your installed keyboard and select Uninstall device
- Restart your PC.
Reset Your Laptop
- Shutdown your laptop.
- Remove all the peripheral devices from it.
- Remove the battery from it.
- Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds.
- Now place the battery back into your laptop and turn it on.
Disable Sticky Keys
- Launch control panel using the Cortana search bar.
- Click on Ease of Access
- From Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works
- Select Set up sticky keys
- Uncheck the Turn on stick keys checkbox.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.