MusicBee is one of the best music player for Windows 10. Some people have reported that this music player is acting weird.
For some people, this music play was not even opening.
Here I am going to tell you some of the solutions that you can perform to resolve this issue.
MusicBee Not Working In Windows 10 – How To Fix
Here are some of the solutions that you can easily perform at home.
Solution 1: Disable Third-Party Antivirus
Sometimes antivirus comes in our way are stops us from doing work. because the antivirus thinks that it is a virus and will harm your PC.
In its own way, the Anti-virus is trying to help you.
Solution 2: Run MusicBee In Compatibility Mode
- Open File Explorer by clicking Windows key + E.
- Open the folder of MusicBee.exe file.
- Right-click the MusicBee.exe and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab shown directly below.
- Click Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox.
- Select Windows 8 on the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply option.
- Press the OK button to close the window.
Solution 3: Exclude MusicBee From Data Execution Prevention
Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only option.
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click This PC on the left side of File Explorer to select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings on the left of the window that opens.
- Click Settings under Performance.
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Click the Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only option if it’s not selected.
- Select the Apply option.
- Click the OK button.
Solution 4: Clean Boot Windows
Clean-booting Windows will ensure there aren’t any conflicting third-programs, such as antivirus utilities.
- Open Run by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Run.
- Type MSConfig in the Run box and click OK to open MSConfig’s window.
- Select Selective startup on the General tab.
- Deselect the Load startup option.
- Select the Use original boot configuration and Load system services settings there.
- On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable all to deselect the remaining third-party services listed.
- Click the Apply button to save the new settings.
- Press the OK button to exit MSConfig.
- Select the Restart option on the dialog box that opens.
Now restart your PC and then try to use MusicBee again.
If it starts then it’s ok after clean booting, a third-party program was conflicting with the music player.
These are all of the methods that you can follow to solve this issue once and for all.