Table of Contents
There’s no denying that using headphones increases the percentage of productivity. Becasue it’s easy to listen to anything you want to, on your computer. So if you are a mature person who never wants to compromise his daily productivity level, then you would never wanna say no to using headphones.
But there are users who have complained about a very frustrating error on Windows OS. Sometimes the headphones are not detected by their operating system. So here, I’ve decided to deliver a guide to Fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10. If the control panel in working on your computer, then you can execute the procedures I’ve drafted.
4 Ways to Fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10
Customize Sound Format
- Launch Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound
- Click on Sound
- Double-click on your default audio device.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click once on the Default Format drop-down menu.
- After selecting a sound mode of your choice, click on the Ok button.
Turn-off Front Panel Jack Detection
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows PC or Laptop.
- Click on the Hardware and Sound tab.
- Hit Sound
- Select Realtek High Definition Audio and click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Connectors menu.
- Now check the Disable Front Panel Jack Detection checkbox.
Set Headphones Default Playback Device
- Press Windows + R button to open Run box.
- Type Control Panel in the box and press enter.
- Now click on Hardware and Sound
- Click on the Sound link.
- Right-click on the empty space inside the playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices
- Open your headphones tab and select Enable.
- Check Set as default
- Thereafter, click on the Ok button to close the tab and save changes.
Update Sound Drivers
- Open Device Manager from the Cortana search facility.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers tab.
- Right-click on your sound device and select Update driver
- Follow the onscreen settings to complete the task.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.