Table of Contents
It’s your right to know the credentials of a device that you own. If you’ve spent real money on something, you would want to be fully satisfied with it. In cases where users are unable to get the details of their Windows PC or Laptop, they may fall into a charade.
So here, I’m going to deliver you several ways to get details about your computer’s motherboard. I’ll discuss How to check motherboard model & serial number in Windows 10. As there multiple workarounds of getting the job done, I’ll start with the easiest one.
3 Ways to check motherboard model & serial number in Windows 10
Checking your motherboard’s serial number
- Launch command prompt with admin privileges using the Cortana search bar.
- Inside the cmd interface, type the following command:
- wmic bios get serialnumber
- After inserting the provided code, hit enter.
Note: If you are getting empty space or an OEM error, then there might be something wrong with your motherboard. Because such errors occur when your manufacturer has not added the right amount of details or it can also be just because of your operating system.
Checking your motherboard’s model
- Run command prompt again in your Windows PC or Laptop.
- Now execute the following command in cmd:
- wmic baseboard get product, Manufacturer, version, serialnumber
- Now you’ll be able to view the right details of your installed motherboard.
Geeting all the details of your motherboard
If you don’t want any complications or do any struggle to get the job done, then you can use a third-party utility. It’s free of cost and you don’t have to do any customizations to use. The name of this software is CPU-Z. It is available for Windows OS, you can easily download it on your device from here.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.