Cortana is an official product that’s developed specifically for Windows users. At first, they also provided the same virtual assistant services for Android users, but it wasn’t successful at all. So now after Windows 10 2004 version, they are now allowing users to remove it from their Windows operating systems.
If you are willing to turn off this facility forever, then I’m here to help you. I’ll introduce you to several methods of How To Permanently Disable Cortana in Windows 10. All of these workarounds are drafted only for your help, you are allowed to imply any one of them you like.
4 Ways to Permanently Disable Cortana in Windows 10
Method 1: Using Task Manager
- Right-click on your taskbar and select Task Manager
- Click on the More details icon.
- Navigate to Startup
- Locate & select Cortana
- After selecting the utility, click on the Disable button.
Method 2: Using Windows 10 Registry
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type Regedit inside the Run box and press enter.
- Navigate to the following path:
- Right-click on Windows and select New > Key
- Type Windows Search as the name of this key.
- Now right-click on the white empty space from the right-side.
- Select DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it as AllowCortana
- Double-click on AllowCortana and set its value to 0
- Reboot your computer.
Method 3: Using App Settings
- Press Windows + I keys from your keyboard.
- Navigate to Apps
- Select Startup from the left-side menu.
- Locate Cortana from the right-side menu.
- Disable Cortana’s toggle with a single click.
Method 4: Using Advanced Settings
- Launch Windows 10 Settings from the Start menu.
- Click on Apps
- Search for Cortana using the search bar inside the right-side menu.
- After selecting Cortana, click on Advanced options
- Beneath Runs ad log-in, disable Cortana toggle.
- Close all the tabs and restart your computer.
Note: All of the above-provided methods will only work if you have received a Windows 10 2004 version update.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.