Table of Contents
Oracle is one of the most successful IT Corporations in the world. Their major success is because of Java, the most used programing language in the world. Oracle really takes good care of Java and its users. That’s why there frequently innovate it and give it to users through an update. Every vulnerability found is fixed in the next update. Now the Java 8 is ruling our programing world and developers continue to make it better. Recently they related the Java 8 version 241. In this version, the 334 vulnerabilities are fixed found in Java 8.
➜ Allow SASL Mechanisms to Be RestrictedA security property named
jdk.sasl.disabledMechanismshas been added that can be used to disable SASL mechanisms. Any disabled mechanism will be ignored if it is specified in the
Sasl.createSaslServer. The default value for this security property is empty, which means that no mechanisms are disabled out-of-the-box.See JDK-8200400security-libs/javax.crypto:pkcs11
➜ SunPKCS11 Provider Upgraded with Support for PKCS#11 v2.40The SunPKCS11 provider has been updated with support for PKCS#11 v2.40. This version adds support for more algorithms such as the AES/GCM/NoPadding cipher, DSA signatures using SHA-2 family of message digests, and RSASSA-PSS signatures when the corresponding PKCS11 mechanisms are supported by the underlying PKCS11 library.See JDK-8080462
- Version: 8 Update 241
- Date Added: Jan 14, 2020
- License: Freeware
- Languages: Multi-languages
- Publisher: Oracle
- Website: http://www.oracle.com
- OS: Windows Vista 64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Overall 15 major vulnerabilities are fixed in Java 8 Update 241. The below image shows you all the fixes.
- The rest of the vulnerabilities can be seen through this link (Visit).
How you can update Java Runtime Environment to Update 241 of version 8?
It is pretty easy to update Jave 8 latest version on your computer. First, check the current version of Java which you are using from the settings. People who ask which version of Java should they use. Its pretty simple if you don’t have any specific requirement then use the latest version always.
- Now, let’s move to the procedure. Follow the steps written below to download and install the Java 8 Update 241.
- Visit the official page of Oracle Java Downloads.
- You will see a list of products under the Java SE Runtime Environment 8u241.
- Click on the Download icon beside the product you want to download and install.
Your product will start downloading right after clicking an icon. Remember, you have to accept the license agreements.