Table of Contents
Windows Explorer is the search engine for the files and folders of Windows. It stores all the stuff from the KBs to GBs. If someone forgot the destination of any file or folder. Type the name of explorer and Windows will grab it for you in a second. Like the internet search engines and browsers, Windows File Explorer also records the history.
Whenever you search anything new its shows you the related and previous searches. There are some personal files on the computer that should remain hidden. So, users can comfortably give the laptop other users. Windows users got an option of deleting File Explorer history. By this, all the recorded data and activities of Windows File Explorer will get deleted.
How to Delete File Explorer Search History?
We are bringing the three ways to delete File Explorer History. The methods are mentioned right down here.
Using Folder Options:
You can Delete your File Explorer history manually. The option is located in the Folder Options. By this, your all previous history will get deleted.
- Open Windows File Explorer,
- Go to the Tools tab from top of the window
- Go with Folder Options in the list.
- In the right-hand window, you will see numbered entries.
- Double click on each of them to check which search it is.
- You can delete each key individually by right-clicking and select Delete. To delete the complete history at once, right-click on the WordWheelQuery key.
- Go for the Delete option from the list.
Using Group Policy Editor
1) Launch the Windows Run dialog by pressing “Windows key +R”, type gpedit.msc.
2) Group Policy Editor window will open.
- Move to the following key in the Group Policy Editor window.
“User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\File Explorer”.
3) Double click on File Explorer to expand it further to the right-hand window.
- Look for the key “Turn off the display of recent search entries in File Explorer …”.
4) Double click to open its Properties window.
- Select the option of Enabled to enable this feature.
- Click Apply then OK. Close all open windows.