Windows 10 updates can start to annoy you very much. Because when the new updates come, they are only tested by professionals, but not by consumers. So it sounds hilarious that they are tested on us, while we think of ourselves as the lucky ones for getting the earlier updates.
Well, I’m not here to criticize any product, but only to deliver a solution to solve the problem. Here, I’ve drafted a guide of How To Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900201. Depending upon the nature of such a problem, I’ve come up with several fixes.
3 Ways to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900201
Enlarge System Reserved Partition
I know that it is not easy for every user to perform a drive portion. Especially when we are talking about reserving space from the drive where the operating system is installed. In most of the cases, its C: drive and if any other drive, then you can perform the provided operation on it.
- Click here to download EaseUs Partition Manager.
- Once the software is installed, launch it.
- After selecting your drive where Windows 10 is installed, click on Resize/Move
- Change the available space to less than 600MB (Available under decide size and position).
- Reboot your computer.
- When the operating system is started properly, press Windows + R key.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the box and press enter.
- Under Volume, right-click on System Reserved and select Extend Volume
- Add the space that you unlocated before into System Reserved and confirm your action.
- Reboot your PC again and then try to update it.
Access Media Creation Tool
- Download Media Creation Tool from here.
- After downloading the file, run it.
- Click on the I accept button.
- Hit Upgrade this PC let your computer start the process.
- The Media Creation Tool will download the files for your OS upgrade.
- Let it complete the process in peace.
- After its done, it’ll start the update automatically.
Reinstall Windows 10
If nothing seems to work to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900201, then your only option left is to Reinstall Windows 10. This way, the operating system will update by itself and you’ll not have to worry about anything at all. You’ll also have the option to either keep your saved files or delete them while reinstalling the OS.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.