Table of Contents
Windows 10 updates have become an essential part of Microsoft’s operating system. Without them, there’s no point is using a Windows desktop or laptop. So when a user stops getting such upgraded facilities, then he might find himself in a very frustrating situation.
But there are some workarounds to help you remove Windows 10 Update Errors. These procedures are tested and implied by lots of tech enthusiasts. So here, I’ve decided to share some fully tested methods to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 8024afff. You can pick any method you found helpful for your operating system.
3 Ways To Fix Windows 10 Update Error 8024afff
Create a batch file
- Launch Notepad through the Cortana search bar.
- Now paste the following code into your notepad app:
- @ECHO OFF
echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update
attrib -h -r -s %windir%system32catroot2
attrib -h -r -s %windir%system32catroot2*.*
net stop wuauserv
net stop CryptSvc
net stop BITS
ren %windir%system32catroot2 catroot2.old
ren %windir%SoftwareDistribution sold.old
ren “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%application dataMicrosoftNetworkdownloader” downloader.old
net Start BITS
net start CryptSvc
net start wuauserv
echo Task completed successfully…
- @ECHO OFF
- Press Ctrl + S to save the batch script.
- Save the file as WUReset.bat
- Once it is saved, close the notepad.
- Right-click on WUReset.bat file and select Run as administrator
- After waiting for such a process to complete, update your PC.
Run the troubleshooter
- Press Windows + S button.
- Type troubleshoot in the search bar and open the appropriate app.
- Locate and select Windows Update
- Click on Run the troubleshooter
- Let your computer complete the process in peace.
- Launch Windows 10 Settings from the start menu.
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Click on Check for updates
- Follow the onscreen instructions and if asked, allow your device to restart.
- If that’s of no help to you, then get a Windows 10 Cumulative Update.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.