If when you power-on your Surface device and it’s stuck on and won’t pass the black screen showing American Megatrends, then this post is planned to support you. In this post, we will give the potential solutions you can attempt to help remediate this issue.
What you see as appeared in the picture above is a black screen with American Megatrends at the top. The screen contains configuration options for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) settings.
It’s important that this screen may appear after a recovery or reset of your Surface – it reveals to you that a TPM configuration change was mentioned.
Surface stuck on a black screen
If you’re confronted with this Surface black screen showing the American Megatrends issue, you can adhere to the instructions beneath to determine the issue.
If you see the American Megatrends TPM screen on your Surface, do the accompanying:
Note: You’ll need a Surface Typing Cover or another USB console to finish this solution.
- Press F12. (If you’re using a Surface Typing Cover, press Fn+F12.)
This will keep your current TPM settings, and your Surface will continue to Windows.
- If Windows starts effectively, continue to install the most recent Surface and Windows updates to help forestall future issues.
- If Windows neglects to start and the American Megatrends TPM black screen appears once more, contact Microsoft Support.
- Confided in Platform Module (TPM) innovation is intended to give equipment based, security-related functions. A TPM chip is a safe crypto-processor that is intended to do cryptographic operations. The chip incorporates various physical security systems to make it alter safe, and malevolent programming can’t mess with the security functions of the TPM.
Also see: Fix Windows 10 Update Error 8024afff
A portion of the key points of interest in using TPM innovation is that you can:
- Create, store, and cut off the use of cryptographic keys.
- Use TPM innovation for stage device authentication by using the TPM’s exceptional RSA key, which is scorched into itself.
- Help guarantee stage trustworthiness by taking and putting away security estimations.
The most common TPM functions are used for system respectability estimations and for key creation and use.