Java is one of the most used programming languages in the world. Due to the bulk of use and work purposes, it’s really hard for developers to make this language perfect. Probably it is the one language that is the requirement of every programmer, developer, and coder.
The software giant, Oracle has released the latest update of Java. This update is something more than the regular updates. It contains the fixes to vulnerabilities to the previous update. In total there were 397 vulnerabilities reported in the previous update. In Java 8 update number 251 those vulnerabilities are fixed. This update is included in the Oracles April security updates and supports all the products where java 8 is being used.
- Version: Java 8 Update 251, Java 14.0.1, Java 11.0.7
- Date of release: 14 April 2020
- Previous stable version: Java 8 Update 241
- Operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and macOS
- License: Free
Overall 15 major vulnerabilities are fixed in Java 8 Update 251. The below image shows you all the fixes.
- The rest of the vulnerabilities can be seen through this link (Visit).
How you can update Java Runtime Environment to Update 251 of version 8?
It is pretty easy to update Jave 8 latest version on your computer. First, check the current version of Java which you are using from the settings. People who ask which version of Java should they use. Its pretty simple if you don’t have any specific requirement then use the latest version always.
- Now, let’s move to the procedure. Follow the steps written below to download and install the Java 8 Update 251.
- Visit the official page of Oracle Java Downloads.
- You will see a list of products under the Java SE Runtime Environment 8u251.
- Click on the Download icon beside the product you want to download and install.
Your product will start downloading right after clicking an icon. Remember, you have to accept the license agreements.