Table of Contents
Error Code 0x800706be is delivered only when your Windows is unable to install updates. This sort of problem can be frustrating because the normal troubleshooter isn’t enabled by default. But there are several workarounds to help you solve this critical error by yourself. Here, I’ve listed some beneficial procedures about How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800706be. Try to read steps carefully, before implying them.
4 Ways To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800706be
Scan & fix system files
- Press Windows + S button from your keyboard.
- Type cmd and click on Run as administrator
- Run the following command in cmd:
- sfc /scannow
- Let your PC complete the process and fix files for you.
- After its done, allow your machine to restart.
Start the update troubleshooter
- Launch Windows settings from the start menu.
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-side panel.
- Click on Windows Update and then on Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Allow your PC to reboot, after the process is completed.
Clear Junk files and reset update services
- Open Notepad from the start menu accessories.
- Paste the following code in the new notepad file:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop Cryptsvc
- ren %windir%SoftwareDistribution sdold.old
- ren %windir%system32catroot2 crt2old.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start Cryptsvc
- Press Ctrl + Shift + S from your keyboard.
- Select Save as type as All files
- Name this file as temp.bat
- Save it on your PC’s desktop.
- After it is saved, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
- Thereafter, restart your computer.
Restore Windows point
- Press Windows + R button.
- Type rstrui in the run box and hit enter.
- Click on the Next button.
- Check Show more restore points to access more options.
- Select a time period from the provided list to rollback Windows.
- Afterward, click on the Next button.
- At last, hit Finish
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.