Table of Contents
Every operating system has its perks. For instance, if you are using Windows OS, you should know that it’s developed for users who like to stick with the current era of technology. But what you should start considering about this OS is that its the creation of human beings but not some robots with artificial intelligence.
Nowadays, many users have complained about “this app can’t run on your PC” error. It is mainly caused because your operating system is unable to fully read the backend files of software. So here, I’ll provide you with several methods to fix this app can’t run on Windows 10. Let’s start with the easiest of them all.
5 Ways to fix this app can’t run on Windows 10
Try a different version of .Net Framework
Before getting into anything complicated, I want you to uninstall the .Net Framework you are using currently. After you have successfully uninstalled it, download a different/older version from Microsoft’s official website and install it. Try getting the .Net Framework 4.5 or older versions.
Use a VM
If your desired program is not running in Windows 10, then you should try using it in a virtual machine. There are lots of such utilities available in the market. You can get Virtual Box or VMware for such a task. Even if your OS is not allowing you to run any software, you can use a VM to claim such a reward.
Open app in compatibility mode
- Run click on your desired app and select Properties
- Now navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox.
- Now select an operating system who’s list is provided right beneath the checkbox.
- Once done, click on the Ok button.
Run compatibility troubleshooter
- Navigate into the Properties of your desired software.
- Click on Compatibility from the tab’s list.
- Hit Run compatibility troubleshooter
- Follow the onscreen instructions and let your OS fix this issue.
Use run as administrator
- Search for your software through the Cortana search bar.
- Once you get the appropriate results, select the Run as administrator option.
- Locate your desired application’s shortcut in the start menu.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.