Table of Contents
Many users are unaware of the fact that there are tons of document management software available in the market. Microsoft word is just famous because its the product of a tec+h giant and that’s it. But many people prefer using it because they know its the best doc manipulation product.
One of the amazing things is that this software supports all sorts of doctype formats. Only the WordPerfect files which have .WPD extension, they can’t be opened through this software. Because it is developed by creating a document file in Corel’s WordPerfect software. So here, I’ll tell you exactly what you can do to Open .WPD (WordPerfect) in Windows 10. There are several ways of claiming such a reward, you can pick one from the guide drafted below.
3 Ways To Open .WPD (WordPerfect) in Windows 10
Convert .wpd to .doc
- Open the folder in which the .wpd files are saved.
- Right-click on a file that you want to open.
- Select Rename from the menu.
- Remove the .wpd from the file’s name.
- Instead, enter .doc at end.
- Once done, open WordPerfect file via Microsoft Word.
Select the all formats word type
- Launch Mircosoft Word in Windows 10.
- Click on the Open button from the left-side panel.
- Browse into your desired disk location.
- Select All Files as file formats.
- Now select an .WPD file and open it.
- Once it is properly viewed in Microsoft Word, press Ctrl + S button.
- Enter the file name and click once on the save button.
Change your default word utility
- Navigate to the file location where the files are saved.
- Right-click on a .WPD file and take your mouse cursor to Open with.
- Select Choose another app
- Locate and select Microsoft Word from the provided list.
- Check the Always use this app to open files checkbox.
- Click on the Ok button.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.