The solemn purpose of a printer is to bring ease into the lives of its users. But not to annoy them by putting them into critical situations. Many users have complained about a printer error of the Unsupported Protocol. Such an error can be caused due to the customizations in Windows PC settings.
However, if you are facing such a sort of error, I’m here to help. Here, I’ve drafted a guide of How To Fix Unsupported Protocol Printer Error. There are several methods to get rid of this issue. But you are required to imply the methods one-by-one, and stop at any point where you discover that the problem is bypassed.
3 Ways To Fix Unsupported Protocol Printer Error
Tweak Printer Features
- Launch Control Panel on your PC or Laptop.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select Printer properties
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Locate and expand Printer Features
- Click once on Send True Type as Bitmap to set it as Enabled
- Hit the Ok button and close all other utilities.
Update Printer Drivers
- Open Device Manager from the Cortana search bar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Locate your connected Printer’s name and right-click on it.
- Select Update driver
- On the next window, click on Search automatically for updated drivers
- Follow the onscreen instructions until the process is completed.
- Once done, try reprinting your desired documents.
Reinstall the Printer
- Launch Windows Settings and navigate to the Devices tab.
- Click on Printers & scanners from the left-side panel.
- Select the device you find appropriate from the right-side panel.
- Hit Remove device
- Once removed, click on the + icon that’s available under Add printers & scanners
- Select the device you just removed from the provided list.
- Thereafter, close the settings window and start using your printer without Unsupported Protocol error.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.