If you are not a web or app developer, you will not be aware of .tag files surely. These files are not from common files and formats. So, when users see such types of files of their PC they get confused. Executing or opening such type of files is not easy. Windows stock file supporters group doesn’t contain any program to run such files directly. This tutorial is demonstrated for those guys who want to know about .tag files and how to open them.
What are the .tag files?
Such types of files are used in web development and design. Website operators use this file to create the custom tags and to manage metadata of the website. Usually, such files are written in Mini JavaServer pages. These files are 0% percent flexible. It performs only for one function and that depends on how the programmer defines them. After defining, these files can be used or reused on web pages.
For clearing your concept, we tell you some software that uses .tag files. Wordsmith (a tool for word analysis in texts and apps), Data flex, Corex, etc use and create such types of files.
How to open “.tag” files:
There are a couple of methods through which you can open. Tag files. You don’t need to install any third-party software to open such type of files. Only need to do small level amendments in the computer stock program and your task will get accomplished successfully.
Using Windows Notepad App:
- Launch Notepad on your Windows Laptop or Desktop.
- Click on the File option located at the top left corner.
- Click on the open file option at the appeared list.
- Select the .tag file which you want to open. Before opening the file make sure that you select ‘All Files (.)’. Don open the file as a text document.
- Now select the .tag file and click on the Open button.
- Now you can read and understand the file only if you are the programmer. Even you can do amendments in the opened text type code.
In the second option, you can use the CoffeeCup HTML Editor. Download the tool from this website. Anyhow the aforementioned procedure is enough to treat .tag files. If the file is too large and you think Notepad is not convenient for that file than CoffeeCup HTML Editor is a good option.