Table of Contents
Printers Drivers can be notorious. I experienced a great deal of difficulty with them in my school days, and even now when I have numerous printers at home. One of the basic issues which we have referred to in the gatherings is the place the customers were not ready to print reports. The mistake appeared in the Windows 10 Settings page where it says — Printer Driver is unavailable. In this post, I will share a few hints to assist you in fixing this issue.
These are a portion of the top proposals accessible from gathering users that have worked for them. You should know that despite the fact that individuals may have a similar issue, arrangements can be different.
- Reset Firewall for Network Printers
- Reinstall the Printer Driver
- Use Microsoft Driver
- Install Driver in Compatibility Mode
- Recommendations for an old Printer
A portion of the tips will possibly work when you have admin benefits. Make a point to check if the issue was settled after each listed arrangement.
Reset Firewall for Network Printers
If its a system printer you have installed on the PC, it can get hindered by Firewall. It could be the IP address of the printer or the port number. The main thing you have to is to find the IP address of the printer using your switch or another PC. Next, If you can oversee Windows Firewall, then you can check if the port or IP has been blocked. You can either physically evacuate it or reset the Firewall.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
The following is the undeniable advance to reinstall the printer driver. You can install the driver from the OEM site, or you can use the Device Manager.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run prompt and press the Enter key
- Explore to Print lines, and find the printer
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Restart the PC. Windows will then endeavor to reinstall the driver.
- During installation, it will check with the Windows Update Service, and search for an official driver to install.
Use Microsoft Driver
A few users detailed that installing the nonexclusive driver has made a difference. These drivers are offered by Microsoft in the event that there are no official drivers accessible.
- Open device manager(devmgmt.msc)
- Find the printer, and right-click on it
- Click on Update Driver from the menu, and decide to peruse physically
- In the following screen, select “Let me pick from a list of accessible drivers on my PC.”
- Then select the driver that has a “Conventional” name in it.
- Install the driver and check if that works.
Install Driver in Compatibility Mode
If there is a similarity issue with the driver and flow form of Windows, you ought to install the printer driver using similarity mode. To execute this method, you should install the driver from the OEM site.
- Right-click on the arrangement file, select properties.
- Change to the Compatibility Tab.
- To start with, run similarity troubleshooter, if that doesn’t work, then check the crate by Run this program in Compatibility mode
- Apply, and afterward install the driver to check whether it fills in true to form.
If it’s an old Printer
If you are trying to make an old printer work, then here is a flawless stunt that is accessible with Windows.
- GO to Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners
- Next click on Add a printer or scanner button
- At the point when it displays link which says—The printer that I need isn’t listed, click on it
- Select the radio button which says, “My printer is somewhat more seasoned. Assist me with finding it.”
- It will then output for more seasoned models, and may find it for you.
Since Microsoft maintains a gigantic database of drivers through the update administration, it will install the driver also.
That finishes up our recommendations that can assist you with resolving the issue — Cant print reports, Printer Driver is unavailable in Windows 10.