Without Sysprep utility, it becomes really frustrating to image a file for virtualization purposes. Many try to use unofficial alternatives for the same job but land into using something hideous and annoying. In some situations, users have complained about “a fatal error occurred while trying to Sysprep machine”. So here, I’m going to help you bypass this problem. I’ll several methods to Fix Sysprep Fatal Error In Windows 10. Just try to perform the procedures as they are drafted in the article below.
4 Ways To Fix Sysprep Fatal Error In Windows 10
Customize SysprepStatus Key
- Press Windows + R key from your keyboard.
- Type “Regedit” in the Run box and press enter.
- Navigate to the following location in Registry Editor:
- Double-click on the “Generalization” key and set its value to “2”
- Close Registry Editor and restart your PC.
- After a successful reboot, check if Sysprep Fatal Error is bypassed or not.
Note: If there’s a CleanupState key available on the right-side panel, then also change its value data to “2”.
- Launch Windows Registry Editor.
- Go to the following path:
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- Locate the “SkipRearm” key from the right-side panel.
- Double click on the key.
- Set value data as “1” and click on the “Ok” button.
- Just close the editor and see if that solved the Sysprep Fatal Error.
Windows 10 CheckHealth
- Launch the Command Prompt with Administration privileges through the search bar.
- Execute the following command in CMD interface:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- If there’s you aren’t notified of an error, just close the window.
- Else, if the CMD tells you to perform a repair for the image file, then run the following command:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Don’t mess with the ongoing process and keep following the instructions you are asked of.
- Type CMD in the Cortana search bar and click on “Run as Administrator”
- Run the following command in CMD:
- msdtc -uninstall
- Now execute the following command to reinstall MSTDC:
- msdtc -install
- Close the CMD and start using Sysprep without any fatal error.
That’s all, keep visiting WindowsBoy for more.