Table of Contents
Overwolf is a renowned game development platform for game developers. It allows the developers to develop the game extension for their games. At the user’s end, game players can download these extensions to boost their gaming experience with different equipment.
Notifications are annoying unless the platforms are social media. No one likes to be disturbed due to notifications while playing games. Usually, the Overwolf pushes the overlays timely to notify you about the extension update. Or some new gaming stuff arrivals are displayed when you are playing games.
It may be good but somehow it distracts the gamer’s attention from the game. Overwolf has already added the Overlay disable option. Still, many of the users don’t know about this feature. Or, they don’t know how to disable Overwolf Overlay.
We prepared this tutorial for the Overwolf users. So that they can improve their game playing without any distraction and pause. Follow the procedure written below.
How to disable Overwolf Overlays (New version) in Windows 10?
Here are the simple steps through which you can disable OverWolf Overlays in the new version of the app. The app is running on Windows 10. You can also disable overlays for all games in Overwolf through these steps.
- Right-click on the system tray to reveal the hidden icon.
- On the menu, right-click on the Overwolf icon and select settings option.
- The Overwolf Settings menu will appear infront of you. Here at the left side click on the Games Overlays Tab.
- Scroll the games list, select the game of which you want to disable Overlays.
- Turn off the slider button to disable overlays. You can disable the overlays option of the entire games library.
Disable Overwolf Overlays (older versions):
- Follow the first 2 steps of the above procedure.
- Select the Overlay Option to navigate under the games section.
- Click on the Game Libray option.
- Here you will Enable Overlays to option with a toggle switch.
- Turn off the Toggle Switch to disable Overwolf Overlays.
In older versions of Overwolf, there is no option of disabling Overlays for individual games. Once you disable the toggle switch, overlays will get disabled for all games.
Stop Overwolf From Autostart:
Many software have the auto-restart options enabled by default. Due to this whenever you turn on your Laptop they launch automatically. You can snatch the autostart authority from them. Similarly, you can also disable the Overwolf autostart option with these simple steps.
- Launch Overwolf app on your computer.
- Right-click on the Overwolf icon.
- Select the Settings option and then click the General tab from the left pane.
- Toggle the switch for “Start Overwolf when Windows starts”.
Close the Overwolf client and restart your computer. This time you will see the Overwolf app will not start automatically.