Table of Contents
MS Excel is undoubtfully the biggest platform to create the spreadsheets of any content. It is being used widely, in educational institutes, profit, and nonprofit organizations. The biggest drawback of the technology is that it’s not errorless. Issues can occur with any online or offline platform. Same goes with the Excel used, there are only a few occasions where excel can show an error. It is rare because Excel most work is offline.
On a random question-answer platform, we found some users saying about “Excel file could not be found” error. So we demonstrated this guide in order to fix this issue.
How to Fix “Excel file could not be found” error:
There are multiple methods through which you can rectify the “Excel file could not be found” error. These are short methods that are easy to follow. Pick the one that you find convenient to follow.
Edit Folders and File Titles:
Sometimes, due to large titles, Excel doesn’t pick the file properly If your file title is too large then you have to shorten it.
- Go to the folder where the targeted file is present (File on which you got an error).
- Right Click on the Spreadsheet and choose the rename option.
- Set back to the folder and edit the name of the folder too. Press the enter key.
If all files in the folder have a huge title than short the names of all. Because huge titles cause a problem when you intend to open them with Excel.
Change the File Path:
The second solution is changing the file path. In this method, you have to change the file location and move it to another drive like D, C or E.
- Open the Folder where the targeted file is present.
- Right-click on the file and choose the Move option.
- Select the destination folder where you want to move your file.
- The file will get moved in less than a second.
- Click on the OK button once the file moved.
Now again try to open the file with Excel, this app you willnot face any error, hopefully.
Deactivate the unnecessary Excel add-ins:
Add-ins, Add-ons, Extensions whatever you say, increase the productivity of the platform. In parallel, they also reduce the speed of the program and also cause the speed to slow down. Specifically, it is known as XLA add-in File.
- To deactivate the Excel Add-in, click on the File tab on MS Excel.
- Select the Options from the MS Excel options menu.
- Move to the Add-ins tab.
- Select add-in from the drop-down menu and click on the Go Button.
- Deselect all unnecessary Add-ins to deactivate them.
There were possible solutions to fix the “Excel file could not be found” error. There are plenty of other ways but the mentioned ones are the most effective.