Table of Contents
Recently many of the users are facing error 1726 when installing drivers of it. This error also occurs comes with some of the Windows issues as well. After the Windows new update, many of the users are facing the 1726 printer error.
This error is mostly faced by users who are using HP printers. If you are in that situation then we are here to help you with that matter. Today we will tell you some of the solutions that will guide users to solve this problem.
Solutions to fix printer error 1726 in Windows 10
We will provide some of the best methods that were applied by may of the users and able to solve this 1726 printer error. Follow the steps in the methods carefully to get rid of the error.
1. Examine the Print Spooler status
- To do that, press Windows + R Keys to open the Run search box.
- After that, type services.msc and click OK button. This will open the Services window.
- From there, locate the Printer Spooler service.
- Now right-click on Printer Spooler and then select Properties.
- If the status is stopped, click on the Start button.
- After that, try to install the printer and check for the error is gone.
2. Uninstall & reinstall the printer
Uninstall the software
- First, go to the start search and type Control Panel.
- Then click on the Control Panel from the top.
- Now select the Poragms option.
- Then click on the Programs and Features.
- Now select your HP Printer name and click Uninstall.
- Then click on the Yes option to confirm the action.
- To do that, press Windows + R Keys to open Run.
- Then type control and click on the OK button.
- Now go to Hardware and Sound
- Then Devices and Printer.
- After that, right-click on your printer Remove Device / Uninstall Device.
- Now complete the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
- To do that, you have to make sure that the printer is connected to the computer.
- Then download and install the printer software from the manufacturer’s website.
- After that, install the software and it should recognize the connected printer.
3. Reset your PC
Most of the users have solved the 1726 printer error from Windows 10 by resetting their PC. To do that follow the below steps.
- First, click on Start and select Settings from there.
- Now select Update and Security.
- Then select the Recovery option from the left pane.
- Now click on the Get Started button which is available under Reset this PC.
- You will see two options:
Keep my files – Remove apps and settings, but keeps your personal files.
Remove Everything – Remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.
- After that, select Keep my files option and follow the instructions.
- By selecting the upper option, it will remove all the installed programs on your PC but keep the files and reset the PC.
- When it’s completed the process, install the printer again check for the error.
- If the problem is still there, then use the Remove Everything option from the two options.
- When this resetting is completed, users will be able to install the printer without any errors.
After applying the above steps most of the users have solved 1726 printer errors from their Windows. If the problem is still there, then users need to perform a complete reset to solve the problem. Note that resetting the PC will uninstall all the apps that are installed on your computer.
We hope that this article will help you on how to fix 1726 printer error in Windows 10. Perform the methods mentioned above and get rid of the error.
If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comments section below.