Dell company create one of the best laptops for their users. The creator makes laptops for every type of user. Most of you are using Dell laptops especially the latitude series. But as we know nothing is perfect, sometimes users face some issues while using these machines.
Many of the Dell Latitude series users have reported that they are facing issues after connecting their laptops to the Dell docking stations. Recently some of the users have reported that the ethernet is not working when connected to Dell Dock station.
So these users are searching for the solution to that issue. In this guide, we will tell users a couple of troubleshooting tips that will help users to solve this problem.
Solutions to fix Ethernet is not working through my Dell dock
We will give you some of the best methods to solve this problem. Most of the users have applied these methods and they can get rid of this error.
1. Examine network adapter’s power output
- To do that, go to Start search box and type Device
- Then click on Device Manager. The Device Manager window will be opened.
- Now expand the Network adapter option by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on the active network adapter (Dell Dock) and select Properties.
- After that, the Properties window will be open. Click on the Advanced tab from above.
- From the left pane, select the Power Output option.
- Now open the drop-down menu under Value and change the power output from 100% to 75%.
- Then click on the OK button to save the changes.
- After that, close the Device Manager and Restart your PC.
- When you PC boots up then check for the Ethernet is working.
2. Modify the energy efficiency settings
- For that, press Windows + R keys from your keyboard to open Run.
- Now type devmgmt.msc and click on OK. This will open the Device Manager.
- Then double click on the Network adapters option to expand it.
- After that right-click on the current network adapter and select Properties.
- The new window will be opened, click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Property, select Energy Efficient Ethernet.
- Then click the drop-down menu under Value and select Disabled / Off.
- After that click on the OK button to save the process.
- Now close the Device Manager Window and Reboot your system.
- After restarting, connect the dock to your PC and check for the problem.
3. Review the Network Address
- To do that, press Windows + R keys.
- This will open the Run box.
- Then type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- The Device Manager will be opened.
- From there, expand the Network adapter option.
- Now right-click on your currently active network and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab from the Properties window.
- Then select Network address under the Property section.
- If the Network address is set to Not Present then select the upper empty option under Value.
- Now enter the MAC address and click on the OK button.
- Then close the Device Manager and check for the error.
These are some of the best methods that most of the users have solved the problem. Many users have solved the ethernet not working error by applying these methods mentioned above.
We hope that this guide will help users to fix Ethernet not working when connected to Dell dock. If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comments section below.