VMware is the software that offers the cloud-based service. It includes services like Cloud computing where the expert team guides you. Secondly, they offer virtualization Software that is related to our topic. There are plenty of other services but the mentioned ones are prominent. Currently, the giant computer technology firm Dell holds the majority share of VMware. So, there is no encumbrance to say that dell is the owner of it. This service was launched by VMware incorporation.
Today our topic is how you can use Dual Monitor with VMware. By default, VMWare comes with only one monitor option at a time. Many users have a complaint about the configuration issue when they intend to use dual monitors through VMware. Well, may you all don’t know how to make VM ready to use Dual monitors? You need to configure VMware properly in order to do this. The procedure to configure is not much difficult. We have explained it in easy steps in the below guides.
How to use a dual monitor with VMware:
If you are currently using VM than close it first.
- Launch the VMware application on your computer.
- Click on the Edit option.
- Select the Preferences option.
- On the left side of the panel, you will see the Display option. Click on the Display option.
- You will see 2 options under the Autofit heading. To select, tick the checkboxes of Autofit guests and Autofit Windows.
- Select the Autofit guest option (screen must be maximized).
- Modify the resolution of VM.
- Click on the OK button to save new settings.
- Now head towards your Virtual Machine by click on your name.
- Move towards the Settings option, Click on Hardware tab then go to the Display option.
- Choose the “Specify monitors settings“.
- Number the monitor option “2”.
- Enter the resolution of a single monitor under the Maximum resolution of any one monitor label.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
After you are done with the required changes. Turn on your Virtual Machine, click on View Tab and cycle multiple monitors. Now this time, you can use dual monitors. If you face the “Cannot use multiple monitors” errors, you have to install VMware Tools.
Installing the VMware to rectify error:
This toolkit comes handy when you face any error while using the VMware. It can solve most of the errors. So, if you are facing “Cannot use multiple monitors error” than installing VMware tools is a must.
- Open the Virtual Machine app on your computer.
- Select the VM button present at the Menu Bar.
- Click on the install VMware tools.
If you are doing it for the first time to install VMware tools, you will get prompt requesting permission. Click on the OK button to proceed further.
That’s all from WindowsBoy author today. If you have any queries related to the tutorial, ask us through the comment box.