YouTube allows users to watch online videos without any limitations. Users can watch the videos without logging in the app and website of it. Watch 1080p videos to 240p videos according to your network speed or data. But many users have logged in the app because you can do more in the app.
Recently many users have reported that they are facing Oops Something went wrong error while logging on YouTube. This error occurs due to multiple reasons, including an outdated web browser or Google account issues. Most of the users who logged on YouTube via website have faced this problem.
So if you are facing this error then you are at the right place. Because today we will show you some of the best solutions by which you can solve this error.
Solutions to fix Oops Something went wrong YouTube error
We will show you the solutions by which many of the users have solved this problem. So follow the methods that are mentioned below to get rid of the Oops Something went wrong YouTube error.
1. Upgrade Browser
By upgrading the browser most of the users have solved this error. To upgrade your browser, you need to follow the below steps.
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- First, open Google Chrome.
- Then click on the menu button or three horizontal dots located at the top right corner.
- Now go to the Help option.
- Select About Google Chrome.
- Now Chrome browser will check for any pending updates.
- Then click on Update if the update is not downloaded automatically.
- When the update is installed, Restart Google Chrome.
- Now open YouTube and check for the error is solved.
Upgrade Firefox Browser
If you are using the Firefox browser then you need to follow the below instructions to update it.
- First, launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Then click the Menu or three horizontal bars from the top.
- Now click on Help and select About Firefox.
- After that, Firefox will now look for any pending updates.
- In the About Mozilla Firefox window, you will see an Update to xyz button.
- Now you need to click on the Update to 72.xx.xx version to download and install the updates.
- When you completed the updating process, relaunch Firefox and check for the error.
2. Delete devices from Google Account
If the upper methods do not solve the problem then you need to delete the devices from Google that you have added. To remove them first users need to check that which devices are connected with their Google account.
Check devices that are added in your Google account
- Open your Google Account. Sign in with your Google account credentials if asked to confirm the details.
- From the Home Screen, open the Security tab.
- Scroll down to Your Devices section.
- Click on Manager your devices.
- Now you will see the devices that are connected with your Google account.
How to Remove the device
- To do that, click the three dots beside the device name.
- Then select Sign Out.
- In the pop-up dialogue, click on Sign Out to confirm the action.
- This will log out that device from your account. Do this step for all the devices except your PC.
- When you sign out from the devices except for the PC one, now open YouTube again and try to sign in and see the problem will be solved.
3. Change password of Google account
Some of the users have suggested that by changing their Google account password they have solved Oops Something went wrong YouTube error.
- Go to Google Account and Sign in to your account.
- Then click on the Security tab.
- Under Signing in to Google click on Password.
- Now enter your current Google account password and sign in.
- Then enter your new password and confirm the password again.
- Now click on the Change Password button.
- After that, open YouTube and sign in with your password and check for the error.
4. Reinstall the browser
If any of the above methods do not solve the problem then you need to reinstall your browser. To do that follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First of all, press Windows + R keys to open the Run box.
- Now type control and click on OK.
- Then go to Programs
- Click on the Programs and Features.
- Now select Google Chrome.
- Click on Uninstall and confirm the action.
- After uninstalling the browser now download and install the latest version of Google Chrome from the official website.
These are some of the best methods that work for most of the users. We hope that these methods will help you to solve the Oops Something went wrong YouTube error.
If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comments section below.