Most of you are using printers at their offices and workplaces. But sometimes users get various errors that can’t let users connect or use the printers. Some of the users have reported that they are facing error 0x000003e3 while connecting it with Windows 10.
So if you are facing these error then we provide you some of the best settings that fix this problem. Most of the users have applied these settings on their PC and get rid of the error 0x000003e3 with ease.
Methods to fix 0x000003e3
We will show you the methods that work for most of the users. So follow the steps of the methods and solved 0x000003e3 error for good.
1. Examine the Print Spooler service is enabled
Many of the users have suggested that by restarting the Print Spooler they have solved the 0x000003e3 error. To do that follow the below steps that are mentioned below.
- First, press the Windows + R keys from the keyboard. This will open Run Box.
- Now type services.msc in the search section and click on the OK option.
- A new window will be open. Scroll down and double-click Print Spooler to open its properties window.
- Then select Automatic on the Startup type drop-down menu.
- If the service is not running, click the Start button.
- Then select the Apply option and click on OK to exit the window.
2. Select File and Printer Sharing firewall
Sometimes the Windows Defender Firewall blocks your connection with the printer. So to solve this issue you need to do the below settings.
- To fix that, go to the Windows search box.
- Now type the keyword Windows Defender Firewall over there.
- Then click Windows Defender Firewall to open the Control Panel from the top.
- After that, click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left side of the window.
- Now click on the Change settings option.
- Then click all the checkboxes for File and Printer Sharing.
- At last, press on the OK button to confirm settings.
3. Set the new local port
Sometimes users need to set up a new local pert to solve the error 0x000003e3. To do that you need to follow the instructions carefully mentioned below.
- Press Windows + R keys to open Run search box.
- Then enter control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters in the search section and click on the OK button.
- At the top you will see the option Add a printer, click on it.
- If the Add a device window doesn’t list the required printer then click Printer that I want isn’t listed to open the options shown directly below.
- From there, select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option.
- Now press the Next button. This will open the new window.
- Then select the Create a new port radio button.
- Now click on the Standard TCP/IP Port option on the Type of port drop-down menu.
- Then click the Next button.
- Now enter the IP address of the PC for which the shared network printer is installed in the Hostname text box.
- After that, select the Next option.
- Click on the required printer model for driver install, and press the Next button.
- At last, select the OK to Finish options.
4. Copy mscms.dll to the driver installation folder
Users can also fix the 0x000003e3 error by copying the mscms DLL file to Window’s driver installation folder.
- To do that, press Windows + E keys to open File Explorer.
- Now enter mscms in the search box to find the mscms.dll file.
- Now, right-click on the mscms.dll file and select the Copy option.
- Users with 64-bit Windows will then need to open this path: C:windowssystem32spooldriversx643. Users with 32-bit Windows platforms should open this folder: C:windowssystem32spooldriversw32x863.
- After that, right-click an empty space with the 3 folder and then select Paste.
- Now close the File Explorer and Restart the Windows.
These are some of the best methods to fix printer error 0x000003e3. Follow the steps in the methods and get rid of the problem.
We have shown the solutions on how to fix printer error 0x000003e3 in Windows 10. If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comments section below.