Table of Contents
Most of the users use the Google Chrome browser regularly on their PCs. But sometimes users face some network-related errors while using it. One of the network-related errors users are facing is Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
Many of the users arse using any antivirus or firewall programs to protect their devices from the attack of viruses, malware, webspam, and more. However, these antivirus or antimalware programs sometimes block the Chrome browser from accessing the internet. Because they have found some threats while monitoring online activity.
Some users are using antivirus software and facing Chrome to access the network in your firewall error while using it. That is why we will give you some of the best solutions to solve this network-related error form Google Chrome.
How to Allow Chrome access to the network in firewall settings?
There are some solutions which we will be going to share with your guys to solve this problem. Follow the below methods and get rid of the error.
1. Add Chrome to Windows Antivirus or Firewall
- To do that, press Windows + R keys to open Run.
- Then type control and click on OK. You will see the Control Panel on your PC screen.
- Now click on System and Security.
- Then select Windows Defender Firewall.
- After that, click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option from the left pane.
- Now click the Change Settings button and then click on Yes, if prompted by the UAC.
- Select Allow another app button which is available at the end.
- In the Add an app window, click on Browse.
- After that, navigate to the following location:
C:Program Files (x86)GoogleChromeApplication
- Then select chrome.exe and click on Open.
- Click on Add.
- Make sure you check both Private and Public boxes.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After doing the above settings, check for the error will be solved.
2. Add an exception to the firewall
We are using Avast Antivirus and we will show some of the customizations on that antivirus. If you are using different antivirus on their PCs so you need to go to the settings of the antivirus and then follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First launched the Avast Antivirus.
- Then click on the menu button at the top.
- Now click on the Settings option.
- After that, select Avast Protections.
- Then click on the Exclusions option from the left pane.
- Click on Add Exclusions.
- Now type the URL of the website that is blocked by the antivirus resulting in the error in the URLs to exclude field.
- After adding the URL, click on Add.
- At last, click on OK to save the changes.
3. Add the exception to Windows Defender
If you are using Windows 10 then follow the below steps carefully to add an exception to Windows Defender.
- First, click on Start and select Settings.
- After that, click on the Update and Security option.
- Now click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Then click on the Virus & threat protection.
- Scroll down to Virus & threat protection and click on Manage Settings.
- Again scroll down the Exclusion section.
- Now click on Add or remove the exclusion option.
- Next, click on the Add an exclusion button and select Folder.
- Navigate to the following location:
C:Program Files (x86)
- After that, select the Google folder and click on Select Folder.
- Lat, click on OK to save the changes.
By following the above methods many of the users have solved Chrome to access the network in your firewall.
If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then feel free to contact us in the comments section below.