Most of you have arranged the desktop icon with their own choice. Some of them have arranged the icons alphabetically or some group up the icons nicely by category. Users arrange the icons because it looks tidy on their Windows 10 PC screen.
However, most of the users have reported that their PC desktop icon keeps re-arranging themselves. Every time the users restart, open or close lid, using a game app, etc the icon keeps moving in Windows 10. Many of you=find this irritating and want to solve this problem from their PC.
If you are facing this problem in Windows 10 then we have provided some of the best solutions to fix this problem from your Windows 10 PC.
How to stop the desktop icons from rearranging themselves?
We have provided some solutions that will help users to solve this problem from Windows 10 PC. Follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- First, right-click on the Desktop
- Then choose Personalize
- Now click on Themes
- From the right side click on the Desktop icon settings option.
- The new window will open, now uncheck the box for Allow themes to change desktop icons from there.
- At last, click Apply or OK to save changes.
How to make icons stay on the primary monitor?
There are two methods to make icons stay on the primary monitor. Below we will tell you both of these methods.
1. Dock and Undock the Windows 10 PC
- Dock PC
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the back of display 2
- Undock PC
- Dock PC
- Plug display 2 back in
2. Change icon size with one monitor plugged in
- To do that, select all icons to the primary desktop
- Then you need to unplug the second display’s cable
- Now right-click on the desktop and select View.
- After that, choose Medium Icons.
- Now plug the cable for the second display.
These are the step by which you can fix the problem and the desktop icons will no longer change their position. Now the icons will stay at the position that you have set. Also, the icons will not move to any secondary monitor as well.
Most of the users have fix Desktop icons keep moving In Windows 10 by doing upper steps. If you have any questions or want to give suggestion then leave a comment in the comments section below.