Table of Contents
Most of you using laptops at their workplaces and homes. Users simply close the lid of their laptop and leave it. When you close your laptop lid, it should get to sleep or shut down. But sometimes it does not happen and when you close the led the Windows does not shut down or go to sleep. Anybody can access your laptop without your permission.
So most of you are facing this problem and they want to fix this problem from their laptop. Most of the Windows 10 users have reported that they are facing this problem and could not lock the Windows when they close the lid of their laptops.
Today we will tell you how you can fix Laptop not locking when closed the lid. We have provided some of the simple methods that will help users to fix this problem from your laptops.
Methods to solve Laptop not locking when closed
1. Customize Power Options
By customizing the power options many of the users have solved this issue from their laptops. To do that follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, go to the Start search box and type control.
- Then click on the Control Panel.
- Go to the search bar of the control panel and write power.
- Now the power option will appear on your PC screen. Click on the option Change what closing lid does option.
- Now choose Sleep or Hibernate.
2. Customize Sign-in options
If the upper method does not work for you then you need to customize the accounts sign-in option. To to that, you need to follow the below instructions.
- First, press the Windows + X keys.
- Then select Settings.
- Now click on the Accounts option.
- Then click on the Sign-in options.
- Set the laptop to require sign-in when it recovers from sleep, using the options from the drop-down menu.
3. Customize Screen Saver options
Bt editing or customizing the screen saver option many of the users have solved this problem in Windows 10. Follow the below settings and fix the issue.
- First, go to Windows Settings.
- Then choose Personalization.
- From the left-hand menu, click on the Lock screen option.
- Now scroll to the end and click Screen Saver settings.
- From there, make sure this checkbox is enabled: On resume, display logon screen.
4. Troubleshooter Laptop not locking problem
If you are still facing issues and then use the Windows built-in troubleshooter to solve the Laptop not locking problem. To do that follow the steps from below:
- Go to the Windows search menu and type Troubleshoot and click on the Troubleshoot settings option.
- The Troubleshoot menu will be opened.
- From there, select the Power option.
- Now, click Run the troubleshooter.
These are some of the methods that will help users to fix laptops not locking when closed the lid. Most of the users have solved this problem by doing these methods. After trying the above methods, if you still facing the problem then we recommend you to install the new copy of Windows 10 on your laptop.
We hope that this article will help users on how to fix laptop not locking when closed the lid. If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comment section below.