Dell is a big company that creates the best PCs for users. The best thing about Dell is that they created the PCs for both average users and professionals according to their needs. It gives you business laptops to gaming laptops with the best specs at a good price.
Dell gives you many models of various generations and all of them come with some of their own software. However, these Dell machines sometimes don’t always comply with the Operating System that you have installed. So that’s why users are getting errors and especially related to security settings.
Recently some of the users have reported that they are getting an error while updating or installing the BIOS on their PCs. The pop-up message appears on their PCs Your security settings could not be detected. Try restarting your system and running the update again.
Some Dell machines have been known to cause problems while installing or updating the BIOS on it. We would like to share the list of these Dell models and their BIOS versions that are creating problems.
Dell Models and their affected BIOS versions
- Precision 3510
- Latitude 5175/5179
- Latitude E5270/E5470/E5570
- Latitude E7270/E7470
- Latitude 7275
- Latitude 7370
When this error message occurs then users can’t update Windows and install BIOS. So if you see the pop-up message (Your security settings could not be detected. Try restarting your system and running the update again) then follow the methods that are mentioned below.
How to fix the security settings issues on my Dell?
1. BIOS settings update from outside Windows
Before update your BIOS, you required some material.
- Empty USB thumb drive
- Other options include HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, MSI DOS Tool, UNetbootin, etc
- Updated BIOS + update utility
- Dell PC
- Working internet connection to download BIOS update from the official manufacturer’s website.
When you get all the materials that are required then you need to follow the below methods to check and update BIOS of your Dell PC.
1.1 View current BIOS version
- To do that, press Windows + R keys from your PC’s keyboard.
- Then type in msinfo32 and click on the OK button.
- Now you can view the BIOS Version & Date from there.
After checking the BIOS version now you need to update the BIOS of your PC.
1.2 Update Bios
- First, download the compatible version from the motherboard manufacturer’s website.
- After that, copy that update version on the USB flash drive.
- Now plug the USB flash drive on your PC.
- Then Restart the PC, and open the BIOS when it boots
- After that go to the Bios Update tab,
- Now select your USB flash drive.
- You will see some on-screen instructions, complete them.
- At last, Restart your PC.
2. Defer Bitlocker when performing the BIOS update
- First, press the Start button.
- Then go to the control panel. If you don’t find the control panel over there then type control in the search bar of the Start and select the control panel.
- Then click on the System and Security option.
- Now select BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Then click on Suspend Protection
- After that, perform the BIOS update
- At last, Restart the PC.
- After your PC boot up, then go to the control panel and enable the Bitlocker again.
This is how you can update or install the PC BIOS without any issues. Most of the users have solved the problem by doing these steps.
We have given the best solution to fix security settings could not be detected in Dell. Follow the steps in the methods and get rid of the pop message error Your security settings could not be detected. Try restarting your system and running the update again.
If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comment section below.