Windows Live Mail is an email client that allows users to send or receive emails on your PC. This email client is developed by Microsoft and users can download it for free from the official website. Also, you can add other email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo and more.
Windows Live Mail is a very neat email client, but not perfect. Sometimes you get some errors and issues while using it. But you can solve those errors and problems from this email client bu doing some settings.
Some users have reported that they can’t delete messages from Deleted, Sent, Junk or any other folder in Windows Live Mail. So if you want to delete messages, then you need to fix the problem by doing some changes.
We provide methods below to fix Windows Live Mail is not deleting messages. Follow the simple steps of the methods and solve the problem.
Methods to fix Windows Live Mail is not deleting messages?
1. Delete superfluous folders
Most of the users use Windows Mail Live because they can add other email clients in it. So if you are using other email clients then you need to sign in to each account first. After that, expand all the folders available in the folder pane.
If you see superfluous folders called sent items, junk email or deleted items in addition to the regular ones like sent, junk and deleted then things are about to get a lot easier for you.
Now you need to delete those extra files because these are the files that are causing trouble. After deleting those extra files, you can solve the problem and everything works normally. Users have to remember that they need to be signed on to Windows Live Mail with IMAP.
2. Repair Windows Essential programs
Many users have solved Windows Live Mail is not deleting messages issue by repairing all Windows Essential programs. To do that follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Open the Start menu.
- Then click on the Control Panel which is available at the right side of the Start window. If you couldn’t find it then type control in the start search bar.
- Then the control panel window will be opened. Now at the top right side, you will see the View by option, select category option from there.
- Then Programs or Uninstall a program option.
- Then locate the Windows Live Essentials program. It is available in the center of the list of programs.
- Click on it and then uninstall or repair Windows Essentials programs pop-up will give you two choices.
- You need to select Repair all Windows essentials programs.
- Now, wait to complete the process.
- After that, restart your PC to save the changes.
After doing that if you still gettings error then use the Repair utility for Windows Live Mail. From the above method, follow the instructions to the letter if using Windows 10.
3. Uninstall and install Windows Live Mail back
- To do that, go to the Windows Search bar
- Type Control and open Control Panel.
- Then the Control Panel windows will be opened.
- From there, select Programs and Features option.
- Now locate the Windows Essentials from the list of programs.
- Right-click on the Windows Live Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.
- The pop-up window will e appear on your PC screen.
- Now click Remove one or more Windows Live programs.
- Then, click the Mail checkbox.
- Then click on Uninstall and it will start deleting the Windows Live Mail program from your PC.
- After deleting, Restart your PC.
- Reinstall the Windows Live Mail and check for the improvement.
These are some of the methods that will help you to fix Windows Live Mail is not deleting messages. If you have any suggestions or want to ask questions then leave a comment in the comment section below.