Table of Contents
Windows Live Mail is a modern mail client that is developed by the Microsoft company. It allows users to send or receive emails. One of the best free email client available for Windows users that gives lots of new features. Users can also be allowed to add other accounts from other email servers like Yahoo, Gmail, and others.
But as we know nothing is perfect sometimes users face various errors while using the apps. Recently many users have reported that they are getting an error while opening the Windows Live Mail. They are getting pop up error Windows Live Mail Could not be started while opening this mail client.
So today we will guide users on how to fix this error from their Windows PC. Below we will show you some of the methods to solve Windows Live Mail Calendar could not be started error.
Methods to solve Windows Live Mail could not be started
We provide some of the best methods that will help users to get rid of this error. So follow the steps in the methods that are mentioned below.
1. Uninstall the entire Windows Live Mail
Sometimes it’s better to uninstall the apps that cause problems. Because some of the files are missed or corrupted in that is why users can get errors. So many users have suggested that uninstall the Windows Live Mail completely from your Windows PC and reinstall it again to solve the error.
- To do that, navigate to the User name and open the Windows Explorer.
- Then click on AppData
- Now select Local
- Then Microsoft
- From there, remove Windows Live Mail.
When you remove the Windows Live Mail completely from Windows, re-enter all of your email settings and check for the error.
2. Adjust daylight saving time configuration
- To do that, write control in the Start serach bar.
- Then click on the Control Panel.
- Click Date and Time
- Then click on the Change time zone option.
- Now uncheck the box that says Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time.
- At last, confirm the action.
After doing these settings open the Windows Live Mail and check for any improvement.
3. Run the quick system restore
Most of the users have suggested that by restoring their Windows they are able to remove this pop-up Windows Live Mail Calendar could not be started error from Windows Live Mail. By restoring, users can also restore all the files that are missing from your Windows as well.
- Press Windows Key and type system restore.
- Then select Create a restore point option.
- Now click on System Restore button.
- From there check Show more restore points. Select the available restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions to perform the restore.
4. Repair instead of Uninstall
By uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Live Mail app many of the users have solved the error. But is you haven’t uninstalled it tries to repair the app first. Most of the users have solved the error after repairing the Windows Live Mail. So before uninstalling, you should give a try to repair this email client.
5. Change the account’s folder to sync calendar
- First of all, close the Windows Live Mail
- Then click on Start
- Now copy the below line and paste this path and press Enter:
- %Localappdata%MicrosoftWindows Live MailCalendars
- After that, rename the folder of the account you sign in to Windows Live Mail
- Now restart your PC so that all of the changes take effect.
- After the restart, now launch Windows Live Mail again and see for any improvements.
These are some of the best methods that most of the users have suggested and solved the error from Windows Live Mail.
We hope that this article will help you to fix Windows Live Mail Calendar could not be started error. If you have any suggestions or want to ask questions then leave a comment in the comment section below.