Linksys router is one of the best wireless routers available for users to use. It provides fast internet speed and high-performance to the users. Also, it gives you a better range than other wireless routers with software that help you to make settings and manage your wireless network.
Most of the time users reset the wireless router because of some error. However many users have reported that they can’t reset the Linksys router. They push the reset button from the back but nothing happens. So most of you want a solution to that resetting problem.
It is a very common problem that is faced by many of the users. So today we would like to share with you the settings that will guide users on how to reset your Linksys wireless router successfully.
How can we reset it if Linksys router will not reset to factory defaults?
1. Make a 30/30/30 reset
By performing this process most of the users are able to reset their Linksys router without any issues. So below we will show you the steps to reset the router to factory default settings.
- First of all, power on the router.
- After that, press and hold the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Now power Off or unplug the router and again press the Reset button for 30 seconds again.
- Then again turn the power back On of the wireless router.
- Now once again hold the Reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Then release the Reset button and leave the router for 10 seconds.
- After that, you need to disconnect the power cord for another 10 seconds
- Then reconnect.
This is how you can reset the Linksys routers to factory default settings.
Before you do the above settings first use this option that holds the Reset button for 10 seconds until the Power led will start flashing.
If this process doesn’t work then try the 30-30-30 method. and reset the router settings to default. Performing the 30-30-30 method is safe and does not harm your router. When you perform this method then you need to reconfigure its settings.
2. The alternative resetting procedure of Linksys Router
If the upper methods don’t work for some users then you need to perform this alternative resetting process. This process is a little bit tricky so you need to follow the below steps carefully.
- To do that first, disconnect the modem.
- Then users need to connect their Linksys router to the PC and port 1 on the router.
- Now you need to set the IP Address by using specific IP that mentioned below:
- Set it to 192.168.1.101 (gateway needs to be set to 192.168.1.1).
- After that, press the Reset button of your Linksys router until the Ethernet light should go off, then back on.
- Now unplug the router.
- Then plug it back in and quickly press and hold the Reset button.
- After that, the power light should start blinking. You have to keep holding the Reset button until it stops doing so.
- When the power light of the router stops blinking, it means that the settings of the router returned to factory defaults.
- Now go to the web browser of your PC.
- Then type the router default IP 192.168.1.1 in the URL search of your browser.
- After that, the management screen should appear without any login or password.
- Over there, go to Setup
- Then Mac Address Clone, and enable it from there.
- Now you need to press the Clone button.
- And click on Next and then Save Settings.
- After that, go to the Administration to set a new password on your wireless router.
- Usres have to log back in with the username and new password to make sure everything is correct.
- Then close the browser.
- Now set the IP back to Automatic on your PC and then repair the connection.
- At last, users need to check the status to make sure they have an IP Address in the 192.168.1.xxx network.
When you do these settings on your PC then open the browser and search for anything to make sure that the internet is working properly. If it’s not then you need to unplug the router and modem both and wait for 30 seconds. After that, plug the modem first and wait to turn on completely.
Once the modem completely turns on then plug the wireless router. When the router is running properly, you need to repair your connection once again. After that, you will be able to get access to your internet connection without any issues.
We hope that this article will help you on how to fix your Linksys router is not resetting problem. If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comment section below.