As we know USB ports of your PCs and laptops are a very important part of it. Because of it, you can connect your external hard drives, USB drives, scanners, printers, and more. Most of the people use the USB ports of their PCs regularly.
However, many users can’t use their PCs USB ports in a very long time. After a long time when they try to use the external drives in these ports then they can’t able to connect them with their PC. Most of the users think that the USB port of their PC is not working ot its damage.
But this is not the case because in Windows 10 there is a feature called USB Selective Suspend that automatically puts USB devices in a very low-power state when they are not actively in use. It is a very important feature in Windows 10 because of it you can improve or increase the battery timing of your laptops.
So if you guys are facing trouble while connecting something with the USB ports then you need to disable the USB Selective Suspend feature from the settings of your Laptop. Today we will guide users on how to Turn Off this feature from their devices.
How to Turn Off USB selective suspend in Windows 10?
This process is simple and by doing some settings users can successfully disable the USB Selective Suspend feature from Windows 10. Follow the settings that are mentioned below carefully.
- First of all, press Start
- Then type Control in the search box and launch the Control Panel.
- Now go to Hardware and Sound
- Then click on the Power Options
- After that, select the Change plan settings option available under the Selected plan section.
- From there, select the Change advanced power settings option.
- If you customize these settings on your Laptop or tablet then you will see two options.
- On Battery
- Plugged in
- So make sure to change those settings according to your needs.
- Then double click on the USB Settings menu to expand it.
- Now again double click on the USB selective suspend setting menu and expand it.
- Disable the option. If you are using a laptop or tablet then you will see two options, Disabled both of them.
- Then click on Apply
- And then click on OK to confirm the action.
This is how you can disable the USB Selective Suspend feature from Windows 10. By doing the above steps you Windows will no longer power off the USB devices that are connected to your PC.
We hope that this guide will help users on how to Turn Off Windows 10’s USB Selective Suspend. If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comment section below.