Task Manager is one of the most important features of Windows. Because with the help of it users can see how many programs are running in the background of your system and how much CPU and RAM these applications are taking. Sometimes your PC gets slow and you don’t know what’s happening. In that case, use the Task Manager and see which application is using too much of your CPU usage.
Task Manager allows users to disable the app or program that is running at the background of your PC. You can see all the details of that application from there as well. This tool also helps you when your PC is stuck somewhere and you don’t know how to go back to the main page of your Windows. Also, you can restart your computers with the help of Task Manager anytime. Close the unwanted programs that users won’t use regularly on their PCs.
However, most of the users do not know how to open Task Manager on their Windows PC. Also, we will help users to create a shortcut of the Task Manager so that users can get access to it any time they want.
We show you the methods below that will guide users on how to open Task Manager and create a shortcut of it.
How to open the Task Manager?
There are many ways to get access to Task Manager but most of them are not easy to remember. Because they all involve key combinations and that’s not easy to remember. So we are providing some of the easiest and quickest ways to get access to Task Manager anytime. To do that follow the below steps:
Method No: 1
- The most common method to access Task Manager is to press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys from your keyboard.
- Then choose the Task Manager from the menu.
Method No: 2
- This method is also very simple all you have to do is to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together from your keyboard and the Task Manager will be open on your PC screen.
Method No: 3
- First, press Windows + X keys and it will open the Power User menu.
- Now you can select the Task Manager from there.
Method No: 4
- To do that, right-click on the Taskbar
- Then select Task Manager from there.
Method No: 5
- Press Windows + R keys. This will open the Run Box.
- Now type taskmgr in the search section and click on OK.
Method No: 6
- Go to the Cortana search bar or Windows search bar.
- And type taskmgr over there and select the Task Manager from the top.
- This will open the Task Manager.
How to create the Task Manager shortcut?
If you want to create a shortcut and don’t want to perform the steps that are mentioned above than simply create the shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar. To do that follow the below methods.
1. Create the Taskbar shortcut
- First of all open the Task Manager using any of the above methods.
- Then you need to right-click on the Task Manager‘s icon on the Taskbar
- Now select Pin to Taskbar from there.
2. Create the Desktop shortcut
- To do that, right-click on the empty spot on your desktop.
- Then choose the New option.
- Now select Shortcut.
- The location search box will open
- Type C:\Windows\System32 in the serach box.
- Now name the shortcut Task Manager.
This is how users can create a shortcut to the Task Manager on the Taskbar or on the desktop. By creating shortcut users can double click on that shortcut any time and get access to the Task Manager anytime.
We hope that this article will help you on how to open Task Manager and create a shortcut of it. If you have any questions or want to give a suggestion then leave a comment in the comment section below.