Lots of users like to watch cable channels on their PC. For that, they use the Digital TV Tuner Device registration app on Windows. With the help of it, users can watch the cable channels. If you are a fan of watching cable channels on your PC then you probably know about the Digital TV Tuner Device registration app.
If you don’t know about this app then we will tell you that as well. A digital TV tuner device registration application is a scheduled task that is a part of the Windows Media Center. Users can watch all the digital cable channels which are provided by your cable operator direct from your computer.
However, users can face some issues while using this application on their PCs. Most of the users have reported that their PC is getting slow while using this app. It is because the app runs in the background of your PC and always searching for the channels. Some of the users have reported that they are getting a connecting error while using this app.
So most of the users do not want to use this app on their Windows PC and want to delete it. So we are here to tell you the methods that will guide users to remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration App from Windows.
How to disable the Digital TV tuner device registration app?
If you do not want to delete the app and just want to disable Digital TV Tuner Device Registration App running in the background of Windows then you can follow the below steps.
- First of all, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Then you will see the Task Manager on your PC screen.
- Now click on the Processes tab
- Over there, if you see the process named ehprivjob.exe then it’s mean the Digital TV tuner device registration app is activated and running at the background of your Windows.
So check if it takes too much of your CPU then users should remove it from running in the background from there.
How to delete a Digital TV tuner device registration app?
After disabling it from running in the background, if you still see the slow down issues then you can delete it from your PC. To do that follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, press the Windows + R keys.
- After that, the Run dialog box will be open.
- Now type in appwiz.cpl in the serach box and click on the OK button.
- Then click on Turn Windows features on or off which is available at the top left corner.
- Now locate the Media Features and double click to expand that option.
- Then uncheck the Windows Media Player and Media Features options.
- After that, click on Yes to confirm the action.
- At last click on OK to make the changes.
That’s it this is how users can delete or remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration App in Windows. First of all, try to disable the app from running on the background, if it still slows down your PC then users can delete it from Windows.
We have provided the complete steps to disable or delete the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration App from your Windows PC. If you have any questions or want to give suggestions then leave a comment in the comment section below.