When you update Windows to the latest version you can get many new features. Keeping your Windows to the latest version is important. Because lots of the errors can be fixed in a new update that you are facing in the previous version. So users have to make sure that Windows is up to date so that they can always use new features. Also, users can get all the latest security patches of Windows.
Most of the users have set the Windows update automatically and some of them check for updates manually in their free time. Sometimes Windows update process can give you a specific error and users can’t update their Windows to the latest version.
Recently many users have reported that they are getting 0x8024a105 error when using the Windows Update feature. So if you are facing this error while updating the Windows then we are here to help you with that. We will provide some of the solutions that can fix Windows Update error 0x8024a105.
Solutions To Windows Update Error 0x8024a105
We provide you the best solutions that can solve the 0x8024a105 error while updating your Windows. Most of the users have solved this error by doing some of the methods that are mentioned below.
1. Through Windows Update Troubleshooter
- First of all click on Start
- Then go to the Settings
- Now select Update & Security option.
- After that, you will see the Windows Update menu on your PC screen.
- Then go to Troubleshoot
- And then click on the Windows Update option.
2. Reset Software Distribution Folder
- First of all press the Start.
- Then type in PowerShell. This also works with Command Prompt
- Now right-click on it and run it as an administrator.
- Then in the PowerShell, you need to enter the below lines and hit Enter after each one:
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- After that press Windows + R keys and type C:Windows SoftwareDistribution.
- Now delete all the files that are availbale in the folder.
- After deleting all the files, go back to PowerShell and enter these lines and hit Enter after each one:
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- After that, Restart your PC.
3. Through the DISM tool
- Press Start
- Then run PowerShell as administrator
- After that, type in the following line, and then press Enter:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Then the scan will start on your Windows.
- After it completed, Restart your PC.
4. Reset Catroot2 Folder
- Go to the Start search bar and write PowerShell.
- Then right-click on the PowerShell and run as administrator. This also works with Command Prompt
- After that, type in the following commands and hit Enter after each of them:
- net stop cryptsvc
- md %systemroot%system32catroot2.old
- xcopy %systemroot%system32catroot2 %systemroot%system32catroot2.old /s
- Now press Windows + R keys and type C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 in the search bar of it.
- Delete all the files in the folder.
- And Reboot your Windows PC.
5. Monitor your Internet Connection
- Most of the users are using the Wifi connection to update Windows, so if you are facing 0x8024a105 error while updating Windows then switched to the wired internet connection.
- Some of the users are using a wired internet connection then switched to the WiFi connection.
- Also, restart your router or try unplugging the cable.
These are the best solutions, by using it, many of the users have solved the error 0x8024a105 from Windows while updating. If all of the upper methods don’t solve the problem then users need to reinstall the Windows on their PC.
We hope that this article will help you how to Fix Windows Update error 0x8024a105. If you have any suggestions or want to ask questions then leave a comment in the comment section below.