Table of Contents
On January 15, 2020, Microsoft is relied upon to start the programmed rollout of the new form of Microsoft Edge dependent on the Chromium through Windows Update on devices running the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (adaptation 1803) and fresher discharges to supplant the heritage rendition.
Despite the fact that it’s prescribed to change to the new form of the program, there could be a lot of reasons that you might need to skip it. For example, you work in an association, and you have to agree to your system condition strategies. You use another internet browser, and you’re not keen on Edge Chromium. Or on the other hand, you’re open to using the heritage form, and you need to hold up somewhat longer to update.
Whatever the explanation it might be, you can use the Microsoft Blocker Toolkit or the Registry to keep Windows 10 from installing the new form of Microsoft Edge through Windows Update naturally.
In this Windows 10 guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to block the programmed conveyance of the new form of Microsoft Edge-put together of with respect to the Chromium motor on your device until you’re prepared.
How to block Windows Update from installing Edge Chromium using Blocker Toolkit
The least demanding method to forestall the Edge Chromium program from installing through Windows Update is to use the Microsoft Blocker Toolkit.
Getting Blocker Toolkit
To download the Microsoft Edge Chromium blocker content, use these steps:
- Open Microsoft support site.
- Click the Blocker Toolkit download link.
- Double-tap the MicrosoftEdgeChromiumBlockerToolkit.exe file that you downloaded.
- Click the Yes button.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select a folder to remove the files.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the OK button once more.
Applying Microsoft Edge block
To run the Blocker Toolkit to block programmed conveyance of Microsoft Edge, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Quest for Command Prompt, right-click the top outcome and select the Run as a Admin.
- Type the accompanying order to explore to the removed folder and press Enter:
- This model moves to the “edge” folder inside the “Downloads” folder:
- Type the accompanying order to prevent Windows Update from installing Microsoft Edge Chromium and press Enter:
- When you complete the steps, when Microsoft starts the arrangement, Windows Update won’t download and install the new form of Edge dependent on the Chromium motor consequently.
If you alter your perspective, you can return the progressions using similar directions, yet on step No. 4, make a point to run this direction EdgeChromium_Blocker.cmd/u.
How to block Windows Update from installing Edge Chromium using Registry
On the other hand, if you would prefer not to use the content, you can alter the Registry to keep Windows 10 from downloading and installing the new form of Microsoft Edge on your PC.
To prevent Microsoft from installing the new Edge on your device, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Quest for regedit and click the top outcome to open the Registry.
- Peruse the accompanying way:
- Right-click the Microsoft (folder) key, select New and click on Key.
- Name the key EdgeUpdate and press Enter.
- Right-click the recently made key, select New and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the key DoNotUpdateToEdgeWithChromium and press Enter.
- Double-tap the recently made DWORD and set the incentive from 0 to 1.
- Click the OK button.
After you complete the steps, the Microsoft Edge dependent on Chromium won’t download and install naturally on your device.
Obviously, you can generally return the progressions using similar directions, yet on step No. 8, try to change the incentive from 1 to 0.
We’re focusing this guide on blocking Windows Update from including the new form of Microsoft Edge consequently, however you can generally download and install the program physically.