GOG is the gaming distribution service owned by the GOG group. This platform is widely used by the top-notch game deve3lopment companies for their game publishing. On the other hand, Steam is the top platform for game management. Here you can download the games, buy games, in-game purchases and can get automatic updates. Although these are two different portals with a little bit the same and different genres. But, both are related to games. There is a common question in the mind of hardcore gamers.
GOG and Steam:
On popular questioning answering platforms, many GOG users asked can they add GOG games to Steam Library. It means they want to play GOG games but through Steam connectivity. Well, the answer is Yes! Of course, you can add GOG games to Steam Library. Infact the procedure is so easy to do so. Users who have already tried it have given mixed views. Some are saying that the games were showing in Steam Library. While others have encountered problems.
One thing you have to make sure is the smooth process neither on the front nor in the background. Other apps or games shouldn’t interrupt the procedure. So if you playing a game or app which is connected with GOG or Steam, Close them first. For closing, the apps follow these steps.
Close Background apps:
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.
Or you can right on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Now go the Processes tab.
- Search for the interfering app, select the app.
- Click on the End task option.
To uninstall the app or game:
- On the Windows search bar, type “Uninstall“.
- Click on the Add or Remove Program Option.
- Here you will see all the software and apps which are installed on your computer. Left-click on the app and select the Uninstall option.
Try this if you Want to add your GOG games to the Steam library?
- Open Steam App on your PC.
- Go to the Library option.
- There will be an option named as a non-Steam game.
- Locate the game executable file which is usually located in C Drive. It will present in the GOG game folder.
- Click on the file after finding it. Change the name as you want while adding it to the list.
- Navigate to the Steam library and right-click on the newly added EXE file, select Properties.
- Right-click the game shortcut on your desktop, select Properties.
- Copy the ‘target’ and ‘start in’ sections to your game shortcut Properties window.
So viewers that were the procedure to add GOG game to steam. Through this method, you can add any non Steam game to Steam easily. We have tried our best to explain the procedure as simple as possible. Still, if you find any hurdle, inform us through the comment box below. Our tech experts will reply to you in a while after searching.