Table of Contents
Lots of people nowadays using the scanners in their offices and other workplaces. To configure the scanner most of you use the third party scanning tools to scan the documents and pictures. That’s why Microsoft gives you the scanning tool offically in Windows to avoid those third-party tools.
However many of the users are reporting that they are facing A problem prevented the document from being scanned error while using this tool. Because of this error, you can not scan anything from your scanner and it displays this error on your PC screen again and again.
So if you are facing this problem then dont need to worry because we have a solution to that. We provide you the different methods by which you can solve this issue from your Windows 10 completely.
How to solve the document scanning error?
1. Turn your scanner off and back on again
This is a very simple method and most of the users have solved this problem by doing that. Turn off your scanner and wait for 10 to 15 seconds. After that turn on the scanner and check form the error. You have to make sure that you have connected the scanner with your PC properly.
2. Remove and then add the scanner
- To do that first press the Start
- Then click on the Settings
- From there, select Devices
- Now go to Printers & scanners
- And click on the device that is creating a problem
- Then click on the Remove device
- And click on Yes. This is how you can remove the scanner.
- To add the scanner again you need to stay on the same page, and then click Add a printer or scanner
- After the device is detected, click on the Add device option. This is how you can successfully add the scanner.
3. Use Scan app or OEM app
If the upper method does not work for you and still getting the error then we recommend you to use the Windows Scan app. This app is offically available on the Microsoft store and you can easily download it from there. Use this app as a scanning tool to scan your documents and pictures.
4. Reinstall the printer or scanner drivers
Many users have suggested that by reinstalling the drivers pof your printer or scanner will solve the A problem prevented the document from being scanned error. To that follow the instructions that are given below:
- First, go to the official website of the device manufacturer’s and download the latest drivers of it.
- After that press Windows + X keys
- From there select the Device Manager
- Then click any of these Printers, Imaging devices, Or Scanners trees
- Now right click on the device and select the Uninstall option
- After that check the box that is available next to the Delete the driver software for this device
- Then click on the OK button.
- Then you need to Reboot or Restart your PC.
- After that, install the new drivers that you have downloaded earlier.
- After completing the installation of the drivers, add the printer or scanner by following the upper steps.
These are the methods that help you to solve A problem prevented the document from being scanned error from your Windows completely.
We hope that our guide will help you to remove this error from Windows. If you want to give any suggestions or want to ask questions then feel free to contact us in the comments section below.