Mircosoft gives you updates for Windows on a regular basis. So make sure that you update your Windows with the latest version. But many users have reported that they are not able to update Windows normally like before. This problem happens when your PC is missing some of the important drivers or installed corrupt files on your Windows.
One of the common problems you face is that you cannot boot up your Windows properly. It’s mean that some settings are causing the problem in the Safe Mode. In that case, you need to update your Windows in the safe mode.
Safe Mode only allows essential system programs and services when startup at boot. Basically, when you installed the update then Windows only update the system components and devices that are enabled.
Should We Install Windows Updates In Safe Mode?
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of any operating system. When some of the components and devices are not active in the Safe Mode, then you cannot update your Windows properly. Because of that, you will see many file errors or registry errors. Also, all the services and features that were used to run in the background will not be activated by default.
Note: You can only use the safe mode when required, especially when you couldn’t start up the Windows normally.
So below we will show you the method by which you can update your Windows in Safe mode.
How To Install Windows Updates in Safe Mode?
We provide you the step by step instructions by which you can update your PC whether it is in Safe Mode. Follow the steps carefully that are given below:
- First of all press the Windows
- Then click on the Power Button
- Now Hold Shif key and then select the Restart option.
- Click the Troubleshoot option
- Then select Advanced Settings
- Now choose the Start-up Settings option
- After that click on Restart
- Now you need to press 5 Key to choose Safe Mode with Networking
- And then Press Enter
- Then open the Start Menu
- At there type Windows Update into the search bar
- Then click on the Windows Update icon
- Now go to the left side of the screen and click on the Change Settings option.
- From there choose Install Updates Automatically
- Click on the Check for Updates option.
- Now the latest updates will appear as available.
- Then click on the View Available Updates
- From there you can choose the updates you need and click Install.
- When the updates are finished Reboot the PC.
- Once you boot the PC in a normal mode Reinstall the updates.
This is how you can get the latest Windows updates even you boot your PC in Safe Mode. This process is only recommended so there are fewer situations in which this is the only choice left.
We hope that our guide will help you update the windows In safe Mode. So if you have questions or want to give suggestions then contact us in the comment section below.