Many users of Windows have reported that they are facing the RPC server is an unavailable error while using the Outlook app. The Outlook is a mail app through which you can send or receive emails. Outlook app is mostly used in offices or other workplaces because it works best for them. Recently many users are facing the RPC server is an unavailable error while using the app. This error is not encountered in the Outlook app only, but every user of Windows is also facing this problem.
RPC stands for Remote Procedure Call which helps you to communicate some applications that will use to communicate with other applications that are running on the same computer. This is one of the most common errors that is facing by many of the Windows users. This is not a dangerous error that causes big issues. So below, we will tell you the methods to remove this error from the Windows and while using the Outlook app as well.
Method to Fix The RPC server is unavailable Outlook error
1. Check the Windows Firewall
First of all, you need to confirm that the RPC server is allowed to communicate through Windows Firewall. So if you want to check that you have communicated the Firewall with the RPC server than use the instructions that are given below:
- Go to the Windows Search bar and type Firewall.
- Then select Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Now click on the Change settings option.
- From there you have to make sure that Remote Assistance is checked in both private and public networks.
- Now click on the OK button to confirm settings and restart the PC.
Now check the problem will be resolved from the Windows.
2. Check that the RPC-related services are running
To fix this error, you have to make sure that all the RPC services are running on your Windows. Sometimes the Windows shut down these services that why you are getting this error. So to check or enable the RPC services you need to follow the instructions given below:
- First, press the Windows key + R to open the Run command line.
- Then type Services.msc and click on the Ok button.
- After that, you have to find these services and make sure that they are enabled and running on your Windows.
Remote Procedure Call Locator
Remote Access Connection Manager
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager.
- After enabling then open each of these services separately and set the Startup Type to Automatic from there.
3. Flush DNS
After doing the upper method now check the services that are running in the background. To do that you have to flush DNS and renew the IP. Many users have reported by flushing DNS they have solved the PRC server error from the Outlook app. Follow the steps below to flush DNS and renew IP.
Go to the serach bar of the Windows and type CMD.
Then right-click on the Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
Now type the following entries in the command line and press enter after each of it.
netsh winsock reset
At last, reboot your PC and check the problem is solved.
4. Repair Outlook
If the upper method does not work for you then try to repair Outlook App. Many users have fixed the RPC server is unavailable Outlook error by repairing the app. To repair the Outlook app follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all, open the Control Panel.
- Then select Add or remove programs from there.
- Now click on the office and select the Change.
- From there choose the Reair option.
After repairing the Outlook app check for the RPC server is unavailable error is solved.
We hope that by following these methods you guys are able to remove the RPC server is an unavailable error from Outlook app and Windows. If you have questions or want to give suggestion then contact us in the comment section below.