Make a wish and see it coming true, that’s the beauty of Windows 10. Likewise, plenty of desktop users like to secure their devices from invaders. So they set a password with a combination of numbers & letters. But what if their Numlock doesn’t turns-on at startup? How would such users enter a secure passcode to login Windows 10?
Should they use an insecure passcode or find a way to turn on Num Lock in Windows 10? Well, I would never suggest you choose an insecure password for your Windows account. So here, I’ll help you Enable NumLock on startup in Windows 10. Please do follow my guide in the manner it is presented to you.
3 Ways To Enable NumLock on Startup in Windows 10
There are multiple ways to Enable NumLock on startup in Windows 10. But you are allowed to stop at any point that solves your issue here. Head below to know about the steps necessary to turn on Num Lock on Startup automatically in Windows 10.
1) Startup Trick
Before leading you towards any lengthy and complicated tricks, I want you to imply a simple NumLock Startup Trick. For that, follow the steps provided below:
- Turn on your Windows PC and let it come to the Account login screen.
- When you see the Lock Screen, enable the Num Lock via keyboard manually.
- Now restart your computer and see if the problem is solved.
- If the problem persists, check out the other steps.
2) Perform a Registry Tweak
- Press Windows + R key to open Run Window. Type Regedit in it and press enter.
- Type Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard in the URL bar and press enter.
- Now right-sided pan, right-click on “InitialKeyboardIndicators” and select Modify.
- Set Value Data as “2” and click on the Ok button.
- Reboot your PC, and see if the problem is solved or not.
3) Turn-off Fast Startup
After performing the above-provided registry tweak, if your Numlock startup is not enabled, only then perform the following steps:
- Open Control Panel via Cortana Search bar.
- Navigate into Power Options.
- Click on “Choose what power buttons do”.
- Now click once on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- At last, uncheck the box named “Turn on fast startup”.
That’s all, keep visiting Windowsboy for more.