Table of Contents
- 1 Solutions to Fix Google Chrome Err_name_not_resolved Error
- 1.1 Method 1. Use Command Prompt
- 1.2 Method 2. Check Your Antivirus
- 1.3 Method 3. Change DNS
- 1.4 Method 4. Disable DNS Prefetching
- 1.5 Method 5. Clear Chrome’s DNS Cache
- 1.6 Method 6. Update Drivers
- 1.7 Method 7. Install Latest Updates
- 1.8 Method 8. Disable The Extensions
- 1.9 Method 9. Restart The Router
- 1.10 Method 10. Reset Google Chrome
- 1.11 Method 11. Reinstall Chrome And Try Canary or Beta Version
Google Chrome is free, fast and secure among many of the browsers. Chrome is one of the most famous and most used browsers in the world. It provides tons of features and customizations. Despite all the features, you will face some errors and looking for the solution to these issues. Recently many users reported that they are facing Err_name_not_resolved error while using Google Chrome.
This error occurs when you serach for any websites from the chrome browser. It shows Err_name_not_resolved error on the screen of your PC and can not open the websites. Also, you will see the error DNS resolution problem as well. The reason for the Err_name_not_resolved error is that you can’t upgrade the Chrome browser to the new version. Make sure that you regularly update it to the newer version.
So if you are facing this error then you need to do some settings and configurations to remove it from Google Chrome. We provide the best solutions to fix Err_name_not_resolved error from Chrome completely.
Solutions to Fix Google Chrome Err_name_not_resolved Error
As we told you at the start that Err_name_not_resolved error appears and prevents you from accessing various websites. So below we tell you the methods by which you can solve clear this error from Chrome.
Method 1. Use Command Prompt
Many of the errors can be removed by using the Command Prompt and running certain commands. With the help of these commands, you can easily reset network settings to default. Follow the settings that are given below:
- First of all, you need to start the Command Prompt as an administrator. For that, press the Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and from there select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- When the command Prompt open, then enter the following commands that are given below:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /registerdns
Some of the users also facing that error other browses like Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. You can use this method to fix this problem by running netsh winsock reset command in Command Prompt.
Method 2. Check Your Antivirus
Many users suggested that sometimes Err_name_not_resolved error can occur due to antivirus. So if you are using the antivirus then you can also face this error in Google Chrome. For that, go to the settings of the antivirus and disable some of the features from there. If the error still there then you need to disable the entire antivirus from your PC.
After disabling the antivirus completely then you might uninstall this antivirus from your PC. If removing the antivirus solves this issue, then download any other antivirus software. We recommend you to use the Bullguard antivirus because it does not interfere with your system.
Method 3. Change DNS
If your ISP’s DNS server is not working properly, then you will see Err_name_not_resolved error. So you need to change it. Below you will see the simple procedure to change the DNS.
- First, right-click the network icon on your Taskbar and select your network option.
- Then the new window opens now click on the Change adapter options.
- Now right-click your network connection and choose Properties option.
- Then select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- After that, select the Use the following DNS server addresses and enter 126.96.36.199 as Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 as Alternate DNS server. Alternatively, you can also use 184.108.40.206 as Preferred and 220.127.116.11 as an Alternate DNS server.
- Now click the OK button to save changes.
Method 4. Disable DNS Prefetching
Many users have solved this error by disabling the DNS prefetching in Google chrome. So follow the steps below to disable the DNS prefetching.
- For that, press the Menu button in the top right corner and choose the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Advanced option.
- After that, scroll to the Privacy section and uncheck Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly.
- After doing this now restart Google Chrome.
Method 5. Clear Chrome’s DNS Cache
Many users reported that by clearing Chrome’s DNS cache, they are able o fix this problem. It is an easy procedure, follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to open a new tab in Chrome and enter chrome://net-internals/#dns as the address.
- Then click on the Clear host cache button and restart Chrome Browser.
Method 6. Update Drivers
Err_name_not_resolved error sometimes occurs because of your network adapter drivers. Make sure that your network adapter drivers are up to date. To update the drivers, you need a CD that comes with your network device or you can also search its drivers from the internet by visiting the official websites of your adapter. There are many third-party tools available through which you can download and install the drivers of your adapter on your PC. We suggest you this third party tool because it’s safe and automatically install all the missing drivers on your PC.
Method 7. Install Latest Updates
Many users reported that by updating the Chrome browser to the latest update you guys can remove this error. Google regularly give updates for Chrome, but most of you can not update it. So if you are facing this error make sure that you update the chrome browser to the latest version. If you do not know how to check whether the chrome browser is up to date then follow the instructions below.
- First, click on the Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Then choose Help > About Google Chrome from there.
- Now Chrome will automatically check for the update in the new window tab. If there is any update available then it starts the updates in the background of your PC.
When the updates are completely installed then restart the Chrome browser and check the error.
Method 8. Disable The Extensions
If you use the various extensions then Err_name_not_resolved error can also appear due to them. Because some of the extensions modify your connection and causes many issues. But you can fix this problem by disabling all the extensions from your PC. To do that, follow the settings below:
- To disable the extensions, click on the Menu icon in the top-right corner and go to More tools > Extensions.
- You will see all the extensions that you are using. Locate the extension you want to disable and click the little switch icon next to it. Do this step for all the extensions.
- After you disabled all the extensions, now restart the Chrome.
Now open Chrome and see the error is fixed or not. If the problem is still there, it’s mean that one of the extensions is causing a problem. To fix that error, you need to enable all extensions and disabled them one by one until the issue starts appearing again. With that procedure, you will find the specific extension that causing the problem. Disable that extension and enable the other extensions.
Method 9. Restart The Router
The Err_name_not_resolved error in Chrome also appears because of your router. As we know that, temporary network glitches can occur so to fix them you need to restart the router.
- To restart the router, press the Power button on your router and wait for 30 seconds and more.
- After that press the Power button and wait until your router boots completely.
- Once your router boots, check if the error is gone.
Method 10. Reset Google Chrome
Many users suggesting that by resetting Chrome help them fix Err_name_not_resolved error. After trying all the solutions, try resetting Chrome. By resetting, you will revert all settings to the default and remove all the extensions from it. To do that follow the simple steps below:
- Go to the Settings of Chrome.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Advanced option.
- Then click the Restore settings to their original defaults in the Reset and clean up section.
- After that click on the Reset settings button to confirm.
Now the chrome resets the settings to default and deletes all the extensions. Now check the problem is solved.
Method 11. Reinstall Chrome And Try Canary or Beta Version
Many users have reported that the Err_name_not_resolved error comes if the Chrome installation is damaged. So if you do not install the Chrome browser properly then this is the main reason behind that error. So to fix that error, we recommend you to reinstall Chrome.
You will find many uninstaller software from the internet but after testing, we recommend you to use the IOBit Uninstaller. This software helps you to remove all the files and registry entries associated with the Chrome browser. When you completely removed all the files from your PC with the help of this software then install the latest version of Chrome and check the problem.
Most of the users of Chrome also recommend using the Beta or Canary version. Because they are the newer version of Chrome and come with the latest updates. So try these versions and you will solve the Err_name_not_resolved error from your PC.
We hope that all the above methods will help you to fix Err_name_not_resolved error in Chrome completely. If you give any suggestions or ask questions then contact us in the comment section below.