Table of Contents
Firefox is an open-source Web browser for Windows. This web browser is very famous and used by millions of people around the world. It is smaller in size but secures your internet privacy from many of the other web browsers. Firefox gives users a cleaner interface and faster download speeds.
It offers many customization options and features. Firefox has the capability to block pop-up Windows, provides maximum security, smart searching, RSSlive bookmarks, and much more. Many online trackers are following you every day, collecting information about where you go online. Firefox blocks these trackers and gives you the maximum protection while browsing.
But as we know that nothing is perfect, problems occur in applications. So for every problem, there is a solution for that as well. People are reporting the Couldn’t load XPCOM Error in Firefox web browser. This error comes because of a failed Firefox update. So make sure you have updated your Firefox browser to the latest version. If you are still facing Couldn’t load XPCOM error after fully update the Firefox browser then you need to follow the methods given below.
Solution To Fix XPCOM Loading Errors
We provide various solutions below that will help you to remove this error from the Firefox browser. Follow the instructions carefully and remove the Couldn’t load XPCOM error from Windows.
1. Remove Completely Firefox From Windows And Reinstall It
Many users reported that when they open the browser they will show this error on the screen. If you use the Firefox browser as default then this is the main problem for your fix. Most of the people get rid of this error by reinstalling the firefox from their Windows.
But first, you have to delete the Firefox browser completely so that you can reinstall it without any error. You have to uninstall all the files associated with Firefox from Windows. For that, we provide you the steps below to remove this Firefox completely.
If you are using the 32-bit version of Windows then you need to remove C:Program FilesMozilla Firefox folder. But if you are using the 64-bit version of Windows then you need to remove C:Program Files (x86)Mozilla Firefox folder.
To do that, remove C:Program FilesMozilla Firefox folder if you’re using a 32-bit version of Windows 10 or C:Program Files (x86)Mozilla Firefox folder if you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows. Many of the users also suggesting to remove the following folders which are given below from your Windows as well.
- C:Usersyour_user_nameAppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgram FilesMozilla Firefox
- First of all, hold the Shift key and click the Restart button. Also, you can manually restart your PC a few times during the boot sequence.
- Now select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Startup and then click Restart.
- After your PC restarted, you will see the list of options. Then press the appropriate key to choose any version of Safe Mode.
- Now you have entered the Safe Mode, from there try to uninstall the Firefox Browser again.
Most of you do not want to use the Safe Mode process so they can use the tools like REVO uninstaller to completely remove Firefox from your PC.
2. Create New Profile In Firefox
This error also occurs if your previous Firefox profile is corrupted. So you need to create a new profile to remove Couldn’t load XPCOM error form the Firefox browser. To do that you need to follow the steps below.
- First, press the Windows Key + R and enter firefox.exe -p and click on OK.
- Now click on the Create Profile button.
- Then click on Next.
- Now you enter the name of your new profile and click Finish. From here, you can also set the storage directory for this profile.
- Now select the new profile that you have created and click on the Start Firefox button.
Now go to the Firefox browser and check if the error is removed from there. If the error does not appear then you can keep using your new Firefox profile.
Many users that are suggesting to remove your Firefox profile completely and create a new one. If you want to try this solution then you can do that as well.
3. Disable Your Antivirus Program And Delete Everything From Temp Folder
Temp Folder can also sometimes cause the Couldn’t load XPCOM error form the Firefox browser. So to fix that you will have to delete all the files from the Temp Folder. So follow the specs below to completely delete the files.
- For that, you need to press Windows Key + R and enter %temp% and click OK.
- After that, you will see all the Temp folder and open it up. Now select all the files from the Temp folder and delete them.
If this method also not solve this error, then we recommend you to try disabling the antivirus software. Sometimes antivirus interferes with many applications of your Windows and that also causes many issues and errors. Disable the antivirus from Windows and check if the problem is solved.
If disabling the Antivirus not works you should temporarily remove the antivirus from your PC and check if that solves this error.
How To Fix Couldn’t load XPCOM Error From Tor
Add Tor Folder To Exclusions List
Many users have faced this issue while using the Tor along with Malwarebytes. To fix that issue, you need to add the complete Tor installation directory to the list of exclusions in Malwarebytes. After complete installation, you need to disable Malwarebytes and reinstall the Tor completely.
We hope with the help of our guide, you guys can remove the Couldn’t load XPCOM error from the Firefox browser. If you have a question or want to give suggestions then contact us in the comment section below.