Microsoft Outlook is one of the giant mail hosts. It is one of the most used sources of professional and nonprofessional communication in the world. Outlook stores the data in 2 formats OST and PST. Many people were searching for the converter to convert PST to OST file and vice versa. Well, it is quite easy but before guiding you we want to differentiate the OST file and PST file. Because most of us don’t know even they didn’t hear these 2 terms before.
What are OST files and PST Files and how they differ?
Well, there is a huge difference between OST Files and PST files. Actually they are different in nature. Here are the major differences between OST and PST Files. All of us know that Outlook stores emails, contacts, calendars, etc. This makes us able to access data even when there, not internet connection.
- OST Files: OST files are accessible when our Outlook is online. This means an internet connection is a must to access the files. On the other hand, PST files are locally stored and we can access them without the internet.
- PST files don’t allow users to read, view, compose or reply to any email. On the other hand, OST allows us to read, view, reply and compose emails.
How to Convert PST Files into OST:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Enter the targeted file which you want to treat.
- The will be an Import and Export, click on it.
- Now click on Import from another program or file option. Click on “Next” Option.
- Choose (.Pst) personal Folder file and then click on Next.
- Choose the PST file from the system, click on open and then click on next.
- The select folder which you want to import and then click Finish.
- Your PST file will be visible on the left side, click the left side and create a new folder.
- Drag the emails form the PST folder to the newly created data folder
- Now the emails should now be available in OST format.
So, viewers, this was the simple procedure to convert the PST files into OST. We tried our best to explain the procedure in the easiest way. Still, if there is any complication you can freely ask us in the comment box below.