Windows 7 consumer version retirement time has finally arrived. Approximately a whole decade is included in the kingdom of OS which Windows 7 was holding. Now Microsoft has decided to shut down the consumer version. On the other hand, professional enterprises can still enjoy Windows 7 in a double amount for the next three years.
In recent times, we come to know that a new update is bringing Windows 7 end of support notifications. These notifications were to inform users about upgradation. So that Windows 7 users can upgrade to the latest version timely before the final time. This information was revealed in the most recent update KB4493132 of Windows 7. Now Microsoft finishes the notification support.
If you are one of those who do not want to receive those prompts, you can easily avoid the update by blocking KB4493132. That is the only way that the update won’t download and install on your Windows 7 device. We will guide you on how to turn off notifications of Windows 7 support in multiple ways.
Steps to turn off Windows 7 End of Support alerts:
Microsoft Windows 7 users have the option of “Do not remind me again”. There’s a checkbox that allows you to enable or disable automatic updates. There are two more options that you can use to completely stop Windows 7 from sending end of support notifications. Other than that you also got multiple ways to avoid these annoying notifications.
Stop Notification by Uninstalling KB4493132:
- Click on Start and open the settings.
- Navigate towards the Windows Update Headings.
- Click “installed updates“.rsat Installed updates display
- Locate the KB4493132 update, right-click on it and uninstall it.
- You can now use the hide option in case it appears in the download section.
if KB4493132 is not installed yet, you need to follow different steps:
- First right click on the KB4493132 update.
- Now select “Hide update” to block it. By this, your Windows will not automatically install it.
2. Through the WSUS Offline Update list
If you are the WSUS Offline user. You can blacklist the option to block the KB4493132 update.
- Open WSUS on your Windows 7 PC.
- Move towards a specific location exclude custom.
- Open ExcludeList.txt and ExcludeListForce-all.txt files.
- Finally, add the following lines of code and save them.