Outlook Mail is introduced by Microsoft in 1997 on Office 97. Since then Microsoft gives many updates on it. Every update gives more new features for you to use. This application is basically the email app and has millions of users worldwide. With the help of it, manage your emails, calendars, files, and more in one place.
Many users have tried this email app but most of them are not a huge fan of it. Because it lacks many features that other mail apps like Yahoo or Thunderbird have. This app works pretty fast to send or receive emails but for personal use, this app lacks many stunning features. If you use this service for the work environments then you are good to go.
So many of you want to convert their Outlook mail into some other format like Thunderbird or Yahoo. This is possible now and convert Outlook Mail to Yahoo or Thunderbird successfully. We will tell you all the steps that help you to convert Outlook mail to other apps.
How You Connect Outlook Mail To Thunderbird
We provide you step by step settings through which you can export your data into the Thunderbird app.
1. Export Your Outlook To Thunderbird On The Same PC
- First of all press the Windows button.
- Secondly, go to Default Programs.
- Then set Outlook as your default mail program.
- Now open Thunderbird.
- From there, click on Tools option.
- Then select Import/Export Menu from the tools option.
- After that select the radio button and then click on the Next button.
- Now choose Outlook from the list.
- Then select the Next option.
- Click on the Finish option.
- Now again press the Windows button.
- Then go to the Default Programs option.
- From there you have to set Thunderbird as your default mail program.
How To Manually Convert OST And PST Files To MBOX
- First, you have to find the locally stored Outlook files.
- You need a third-party tool to convert the OST and PST files to MBOX.
- You will find many third party programs on the internet and most of them are free to use.
- Then copy the MBOX files with the help of that third party program.
- Then you need to find Mozilla Thunderbird‘s Local Folders directory.
- To do this first launch the Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Then right-click Local Folders option.
- After that click on the Settings.
- Now you can successfully see the local folder for your account.
- After that, you need to Paste the MBOX files in the local folder.
- And Restart Mozilla Thunderbird.
Bt doing this procedure you will be able to see the Mailbox in the Local Folders list.
How You Connect Outlook Mail To Yahoo
To connect Outlook mail to Yahoo, the first thing you need to do is to enable the POP or IMAP on Yahoo. For that, follow the steps given below:
- First, you need to login to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Then go to the Account Security Settings from there.
- Now you have to turn on the Allow apps that use the less secure sign-in setting.
After the Yahoo 2-step verification is enabled, you need to create the third-party password to register the Outlook app.
- For that, visit the Yahoo Account Security page.
- From there, you need to select Account Security.
- And then select the Manage app passwords option.
- Now choose Outlook Desktop in the Select your app field.
- Then select the Generate option.
- Now copy the password and select Done.
After you successfully enabled the POP and IMAP on Yahoo, now you can proceed to the next steps that are given below.
- First of all open the Outlook.
- Then select File option from there.
- Now click on Info.
- After that, you need to select Add Account.
- Add your Yahoo email account in it.
- Then select Connect from there.
- Now click on Done.
How To Import The Outlook PST To Yahoo
When you successfully connected your Outlook and Yahoo account, you can easily move your PST between them. To do that process you need a third party software migration utility. Because without it you are not able to move your emails from Outlook and Yahoo. You will easily find the many migration utility software for free from the internet.