Laptop security is as important as your Cloud data. In previous years, we have heard an unlimited number of cases where data breached by hackers. People don’t focus on a computer or smartphone security as it is due. That’s the main mistake of us. Later there is no use of crying over the spilled milk. Now approximately all operating system developers are focused on improving security. Every day we found some new security measurements. That’s why there is a huge decrease in the Cybercrime ratio. When all other operating systems are working on security, Windows developers have also done work on it. Tamper protection is the best example of it.
What is Windows Tamper Protection?
Windows Tamper Protection is the security measurement appointed by the Windows. It was launched in May 2019 and introduced in Windows 10 version 1903. Once you turned on Tamper Protection your device will get maximum secured. This feature stops the third party softwares are programs from changing Windows Security and Windows Defender Settings.
Now you will have command on Software. Windows ask you either you allow changes in a computer by this software or not? But Windows won’t tell which changes? Tamper Protection makes you able to modify security settings by yourself from user interface or Microsoft enterprise management software such as Intune. Now as many of Windows users are not aware of Tamper Protection. So, we will guide you on how to turn Tamper Protection On or Off in Windows 10.
How to Turn Tamper Protection On or Off in Windows 10:
There are various methods by which you can accomplish this task. Windows 10 offers different ways of accessing the optional features such as Windows registry, File Explorer, Search bar and Windows Settings. Pick the method which is easy for you.
Through Windows Security:
Step 1. You can turn Tamper Protection ON or OFF through Windows Security also. Follow the steps.
Step 2. Click on the Start (ÿ) button on your PC.
Step 3. Here you will see the Settings () icon present at the left sidebar. Click on it.
Step 4. Navigate to the Updates and Security Sections.
Step 5. Move to the Virus and Threat Protection Heading.
Step 6. Manage Settings through the option.
Step 7. Locate the Tamper Protection, you just have to scroll a bit.
Step 8. Toggle the ON or OFF button to enable or Disable Tamper Protection.
Turn Tamper Protection On/Off through changing registries:
1. Press ⊞ Win+ R Key, Windows Registry will appear.
2. Type regedit.exe in Windows Registry and press enter button.
3. Click on the Allow button, Registry will open in front of you.
4. Visit the address mentioned in inverted commas “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows DefenderFeatures”.
5. Double click on DWORD TamperProtection to edit the value.
- To disable Tamper Protection, set the value to 0
- To enable Tamper Protection set the value to 5
Turn Tamper Protection on/off using Intune:
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Device Management portal and sign in with your account.
- Select the Device configuration option, tap on profiles.
- Create a profile that includes the following settings:
Windows 10 and later
- After setting, you need to go to the Settings
- Select Windows Defender Security Center, here you will see different options.
- Click on Tamper Protection and configure it to turn it ON or OFF.
So, viewers, these were the procedures to Turn Tamper Protection ON or OFF in Windows 10. Hopefully, you can understand the procedures easily. If you require any kind of assistance, ask us through the comment box below. If you haven’t got the Tamper Protection feature in Windows 10 then wait for the update. it will arrive on your Windows 10 soon.